KON-TIKI 669 Design fault (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2008
aldridge
Funster No
MH
waiting
Exp
8yrs
Had no Heating or hot water at Newark last weekend as I couldn't get the Boiler to to come on,several mates tried toget it on but with no success,so we had to leave on Sunday (a day early)because the missus was stone cold and couldn't stand another night with no heating.

I phoned Truma on Monday morning but they couldn't fit me in till the end of May but they gave me a phone number of Premier Towing of Tipton,phoned them up and took the van in yesterday to be fixed.

The fault they found out was with the PCD board which had fused out due to water,this came about by a design fault by Swift(which I have let them know about this morning).

The reason being that the drainage hole in the kitchen sink in the Kon-tiki 669 is directly above the Boiler electric box in the cabinet and there must have been a slight leak of water from there which has gone into the box and caused the PCD card to fuse.
The PCD runs everything to do with the boiler so if it fails you have no Boiler.

Truma say that this fault isn't covered by the Warranty so if it happens to anyone you will have to pay for it yourself to be done.The Fitter at Premier Towing said that the PCD costs £250 alone.I don't think I will be emptying water down the kitchen anymore.

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Can,t say its one i,ve come across before :RollEyes: have serviced several 669,s . Maybe just a loose pipe connection on your model.

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back