Keyless door code failure (1 Viewer)

Noddyh

Free Member
Sep 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Hi
Got a problem with a keyless door code failure.
Door works fine except code entry.
I have tried to reset and even tried factory reset code but nothing is accepted.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What is the van/door? Have you tried powering down and rebooting?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Noddyh

Noddyh

Free Member
Sep 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Hi 2006 Concorde charisma 890.
Seemed to occur after the leisure batteries were replaced.
But the issue is that the code is not recognised and will not reset.
I have followed the reset instructions and also factory reset bout nothing

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Think Steve TheAleMan has had issues with his so maybe able to help?

Edit:when he wakes from his afternoon snooze šŸ˜
Had this problem as cc has mentioned. šŸ¤Ŗ Well this problem and the electric door just giving up the ghost completely problems too. Thought I was getting a new door, but ended up with new electronics..motherboard or chips or whatever they did. Doors are crap it has to be said. All fixed at the factory back in April 22, and all still working..only we now donā€™t bother with keypad entry gimmick, we just use the fob as itā€™s easier and alot quicker. It got to be that the keypad was totally unresponsive in the end, although if I remember rightly, it started with the no.9 button refusing to take an entry, and got worse from there With a few other numbers.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Another case of pointless technology, Iā€™m all for it if it improves something and enhances enjoyment.

Give me a proper lock and a key any day.
Iā€™m with you Paul. Those doors are totally unnecessary. The only bit of that keypad I find useful, is that I can put the awning strip light on from there, and turn it off again. That I find handy. šŸ‘

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Does seem a bit of a gimmick as you say Steve, the noise the electric door locks make drives me mad when I open the dooršŸ¤¬
Normal handle is plenty good enough and less to go wrong.
Yes, that bloody noise Mark. Canā€™t creep out without anyone knowing. šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Iā€™m with you Paul. Those doors are totally unnecessary. The only bit of that keypad I find useful, is that I can put the awning strip light on from there, and turn it off again. That I find handy. šŸ‘
Yes agree Steve, thereā€™s people on the Concorde forum whoā€™ve had to have brand new doors because the keypad entry system has knackered.
How ridiculous is that?
What a waste of time, pointless gimmick and great expense to boot.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Yes agree Steve, thereā€™s people on the Concorde forum whoā€™ve had to have brand new doors because the keypad entry system has knackered.
How ridiculous is that?
What a waste of time, pointless gimmick and great expense to boot.
Those doors have more probs than anything else on Morelos at least. Was told they did try another manufacturer briefly but, still very unreliable so ditched. šŸ‘

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Those doors have more probs than anything else on Morelos at least. Was told they did try another manufacturer briefly but, still very unreliable so ditched. šŸ‘
The manufacturers need to remember you can still have the build quality without all the associated crap technology.
Complicated electrics, push open no handle exterior locker doors, electric windscreen blinds. Oh Please! Iā€™ve spoke to plenty of despairing owners.

After the build structure which is normally excellent on the top vans, then instead of fancy gimmicks they should concentrate on ensuring there is a great exterior locker door sealing system, watertight windows, easy replace glass in the cab side windows to name just a few I could go on and on.

We have the electric windscreen blind and after the amount of Concorde people who are stuck on site with it closed shut I shit myself every time I use the bleeding thing.

I long for a pair of cab curtains, how utterly chuffing sad is thatšŸ¤£

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
We have the electric windscreen blind
Have that on my list to be looked at when I go back to the factory in a few weeks.
Have small aluminium filingā€™s on thr dash after I have opened and closed the blind so obviously rubbing somewhere!

Have the Concrete crowd had issues with the electric door handle latches?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Have that on my list to be looked at when I go back to the factory in a few weeks.
Have small aluminium filingā€™s on thr dash after I have opened and closed the blind so obviously rubbing somewhere!

Yes Iā€™ve just spoke to one who couldnā€™t open one of his side locker flaps, so complicated with the electrics to work it.

Iā€™m all for technology as I say if it enhances the quality and enjoyment of the van.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The manufacturers need to remember you can still have the build quality without all the associated crap technology.
Complicated electrics, push open no handle exterior locker doors, electric windscreen blinds. Oh Please! Iā€™ve spoke to plenty of despairing owners.

After the build structure which is normally excellent on the top vans, then instead of fancy gimmicks they should concentrate on ensuring there is a great exterior locker door sealing system, watertight windows, easy replace glass in the cab side windows to name just a few I could go on and on.

We have the electric windscreen blind and after the amount of Concorde people who are stuck on site with it closed shut I shit myself every time I use the bleeding thing.

I long for a pair of cab curtains, how utterly chuffing sad is thatšŸ¤£
Don't they have a manual override on the screen Paul, better to learn how to open it in an emergency than spending your life worrying ;)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

They have only just started using the wide doors which seems to be the ones with the problem so watch this space, I could sell them the plans for my fix;)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Don't they have a manual override on the screen Paul, better to learn how to open it in an emergency than spending your life worrying ;)
Apparently they do Martin but I canā€™t work out where ours is, Iā€™ve had the pull down bed side/front material off and looked.
I need to look into it further, find the appropriate mechanism and get the handle to get it back up.

After you take the bed material off it should be on the left hand side at the top, not sure if it depends on the year/make/model etc but Iā€™m still learning lol

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Apparently they do Martin but I canā€™t work out where ours is, Iā€™ve had the pull down bed side/front material off and looked.
I need to look into it further, find the appropriate mechanism and get the handle to get it back up.

After you take the bed material off it should be on the left hand side at the top, not sure if it depends on the year/make/model etc but Iā€™m still learning lol
I know 3 year old Charisma is on the RH side but not sure about yours.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi 2006 Concorde charisma 890.
Seemed to occur after the leisure batteries were replaced.
But the issue is that the code is not recognised and will not reset.
I have followed the reset instructions and also factory reset bout nothing
Is the door made by Rhein Composite? if so it might be worth asking them, do you have a master code for the door?

OP
OP
Noddyh

Noddyh

Free Member
Sep 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Hi
Yes Rhein Composite and tried master code.
Is there a contact nearer me in the uk that could sort it ?

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry for hi jacking this thread
How do you get the outside light coming on from the keypad? Im guessing a setting somewhere?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi
Yes Rhein Composite and tried master code.
Is there a contact nearer me in the uk that could sort it ?
You could try talking to Andy Bottle https://www.magic-motorhome-man.com/ by all accounts what he doesn't know about Concordes isn't worth knowing.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorry for hi jacking this thread
How do you get the outside light coming on from the keypad? Im guessing a setting somewhere?
You just touch the bottom right button to turn the panel lights on then touch it again to turn on the awning light, you might have to have the awning light switched on inside first and then switched off outside if you get my drift, that's certainly true for the remote fob, might depend what van you have as well.

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
You just touch the bottom right button to turn the panel lights on then touch it again to turn on the awning light, you might have to have the awning light switched on inside first and then switched off outside if you get my drift, that's certainly true for the remote fob, might depend what van you have as well.
Thanks for the advice on off ect but it didnā€™t work
Iā€™ll get Andy (magic motorhome man) to check it out for me at next hab service

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for the advice on off ect but it didnā€™t work
Iā€™ll get Andy (magic motorhome man) to check it out for me at next hab service
Do you know that it is actually a feature of your van, what have you got?

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
iv no idea but Iā€™ve got the lightbulb symbol on the key pad

probably a relay thatā€™s not fitted somewhere