Rally Kelso Rally 16 - 19 June 2017 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am going to private message everyone on my attendee list (including the maybes) this evening with my mobile number to use in case of problems.

If you are attending but don't get the message before tomorrow can you let me know. I would hate to have missed someone.

I also want to check I have the screen names correct as I know there have been some changes.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I am going to private message everyone on my attendee list (including the maybes) this evening with my mobile number to use in case of problems.

Message sent! Only one minor panic so far until I remembered that simson are now @MicknMew !!!

I know that @CWH and @Al-Di are "maybes" but I don't want you to feel left out.

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Please can you remove us from the list just sold our house and the people want in quick, so should be packing.
Joyce

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

:):):):D:D:D:D2:D2:D2[/QUOTE]
I must get back to Moving On - see you there in a few minutes Phil (y)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Helen it looks like we are looking after our 5 year old grand daughter the Rally weekend and if so it will be early evening Friday before we arrive with Charlotte. Hope this is OK will keep you updated.

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
There has to be 6 metres between a van or the edge of an awning and the next van. Not my rule but a general rule. It has been shown to minimise fire spread and as we have plenty of room it would be unwise to ignore the rule - also it would invalidate the insurance.

Ah, thanks. Not sure if it'll be important but we're a LHD so our hab door is on the "wrong" side.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
@Puddleduck - Sorry about the short notice but I'm going to have to cancel :crying1: I've just received a fast track hospital appointment organised by the Consultant I'm under for my spine and I'm not sure how long I'll be in hospital. I'm happy to pay you my fee to prevent the rally being cancelled.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
@Puddleduck - Sorry about the short notice but I'm going to have to cancel :crying1: I've just received a fast track hospital appointment organised by the Consultant I'm under for my spine and I'm not sure how long I'll be in hospital. I'm happy to pay you my fee to prevent the rally being cancelled.
Thanks for letting me know.

God luck with the hospital appointment and hope you get home fast.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Ah, thanks. Not sure if it'll be important but we're a LHD so our hab door is on the "wrong" side.

Shouldn't make any difference - you can drive or reverse onto your space. Ours hab door is on the "wrong" side as well and we are RHD!

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!

Please come into the venue from the A6089, Racecourse Road, the turning is near the new High School which is under construction. Look for people in hi-vis jackets and silly hats :) I also hope to have a flag or two at the turning from the A6089 up to the racecourse. Unless you are willing to help set up please try not to arrive before 12 noon. Time of vacating to be advised but I think 12 noon at the latest to enable clear-up.

We HAVE to abide by the 6 metre rule so be kind to Steve and Nade when they park you up. If you have any reason to be parked in certain places (eg nervous dog that requires quiet) please let me know in advance so a place can be reserved for you.

PAYMENT: I am putting together information packs and inside there will be an envelope for you to write your name / screen name / reg number and enclose cash. The cost is £10 per van per night. I do not want any money to go through my bank account for obvious reasons and would like a volunteer to help me count and verify cash at some point over the weekend. I will be paying for the rally,in cash, as soon as the racecourse issue the invoice. I will be talking to them when I visit for final arrangements later this week.

DIRECTIONS (from the venue website!)

POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV: TD5 7SX

https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...071066c!8m2!3d55.611884!4d-2.4377957?hl=en-US

By Car

Kelso is off the A698 by the A68 & A7 from Edinburgh and the A699 from the West.

Directions from Galashiels (Approx 18 miles):
Exit Galashiels heading south on the A7. After 1 mile take the first exit on the roundabout, onto the A6091.

After 4.8 miles take the second exit on the roundabout, onto the A68. After 2.3 miles, turn left onto Main Street. Continue onto B6404. After 5.8, turn right onto B6397. After 2.5 miles, turn right onto A6089. At the next roundabout, take the first exit. After 0.4 miles turn left. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction)

Directions from Edinburgh (Approx 45 miles):
Stay on the A720 (City Bypass) east after the Sherriffhall roundabout, take the A68 exit. After 12.6 miles, take the first exit off the roundabout onto the A697 (Carfraemill). After 7.7 miles turn right onto the A6089. After 12 miles take the first exit from the roundabout. After 0.4 miles turn left. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction)

Directions from Berwick Upon Tweed (Approx 24 miles):
From the A1, take the A698. After 12.4 miles take the second exit on the roundabout onto the A697. After 3 miles, branch left back onto the A698 (Fireburn Mill). After 7 miles take the third exit off the roundabout, onto the A6089. After 1 mile, turn right. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction) - note: follow the signs for Edinburgh!

Directions from Newcastle (Approx 69 miles):
From the A1, take the A696. After 29.8 miles, turn right onto the A68. After 25.4 miles, turn right onto the A698.

After 9.5 miles, take the second exit off the roundabout onto the A6089. After 1 mile, turn right. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction)[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Please can you remove us from the list just sold our house and the people want in quick, so should be packing.
Joyce

Thank you for letting me know.

Helen it looks like we are looking after our 5 year old grand daughter the Rally weekend and if so it will be early evening Friday before we arrive with Charlotte. Hope this is OK will keep you updated.

That's no problem. Please give me a call when you get to Kelso so I can walk down and direct you from the new High School.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
8 June Update

1) Puddleduck
2) Irnbru
3) Rupert
4) MrsMack59
5) Ambilkate
6) Ecojoe
7) Bryden
8) quickweh
9) Peterc10
10) normanandsue
11) Scout
12) DLT
13) Antonio
14) MicknMew
15) Allan & Loren
16) Stewart J
17) Clive
18) Someday
19) Neilfg
20) archie2000
21) wizzer59
22) pigginchilli

Maybe

Al-Di
CWH

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Still lots of room here too folks. PS Helen has ordered the sunshine. (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Cost you a £1 for every hour it does not shine Sandra,:D:D:D:D
If its wrong the BBC will be blamed :D2
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 13.23.16.png

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I have been to the venue and all looks good. The field is not completely flat so be prepared to use ramps if necessary :)

Because of the lower numbers we are not on the original field and may have to share with another group - but the new field is big enough that it won't be an issue. Awnings are allowed but let Steve and Nade know so they can make allowances (distance between vans and all that). The pitches are grass but there are hard (chipping type) tracks across field.

There is fresh water available and we can hedge dump grey water (bring a bucket). Black waste disposal also available and will be open at specified times (TBA) except in emergency!!!! I think specified times best so that it is not a constant to and fro for a rally marshall :)

I also have a good bit of tourist information. Some you can keep and some you can borrow and return.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!

Please come into the venue from the A6089, Racecourse Road, the turning is near the new High School which is under construction. Look for people in hi-vis jackets and silly hats :) I also hope to have a flag or two at the turning from the A6089 up to the racecourse. Unless you are willing to help set up please try not to arrive before 12 noon. Time of vacating to be advised but I think 12 noon at the latest to enable clear-up.

We HAVE to abide by the 6 metre rule so be kind to Steve and Nade when they park you up. If you have any reason to be parked in certain places (eg nervous dog that requires quiet) please let me know in advance so a place can be reserved for you.

PAYMENT: I am putting together information packs and inside there will be an envelope for you to write your name / screen name / reg number and enclose cash. The cost is £10 per van per night. I do not want any money to go through my bank account for obvious reasons and would like a volunteer to help me count and verify cash at some point over the weekend - a big thanks to Norman of @normanandsue who has volunteered for this. I will be paying for the rally,in cash, as soon as the racecourse issue the invoice. I will be talking to them when I visit for final arrangements later this week.

DIRECTIONS (from the venue website!)

POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV: TD5 7SX

https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...071066c!8m2!3d55.611884!4d-2.4377957?hl=en-US

By Car

Kelso is off the A698 by the A68 & A7 from Edinburgh and the A699 from the West.

Directions from Galashiels (Approx 18 miles):
Exit Galashiels heading south on the A7. After 1 mile take the first exit on the roundabout, onto the A6091.

After 4.8 miles take the second exit on the roundabout, onto the A68. After 2.3 miles, turn left onto Main Street. Continue onto B6404. After 5.8, turn right onto B6397. After 2.5 miles, turn right onto A6089. At the next roundabout, take the first exit. After 0.4 miles turn left. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction)

Directions from Edinburgh (Approx 45 miles):
Stay on the A720 (City Bypass) east after the Sherriffhall roundabout, take the A68 exit. After 12.6 miles, take the first exit off the roundabout onto the A697 (Carfraemill). After 7.7 miles turn right onto the A6089. After 12 miles take the first exit from the roundabout. After 0.4 miles turn left. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction)

Directions from Berwick Upon Tweed (Approx 24 miles):
From the A1, take the A698. After 12.4 miles take the second exit on the roundabout onto the A697. After 3 miles, branch left back onto the A698 (Fireburn Mill). After 7 miles take the third exit off the roundabout, onto the A6089.

HELEN'S NOTE!!!! Stay on the A6089, straight on (second exit) at next roundabout and then LEFT (still the A6089 signed for Edinburgh) at the next roundabout.

1 mile from the A698/A6089 roundabout, turn right. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction) - follow the signs for Edinburgh!

Directions from Newcastle (Approx 69 miles):
From the A1, take the A696. After 29.8 miles, turn right onto the A68. After 25.4 miles, turn right onto the A698.

After 9.5 miles, take the second exit off the roundabout onto the A6089.

HELEN'S NOTE!!!! Stay on the A6089, straight on (second exit) at next roundabout and then LEFT (still the A6089 signed for Edinburgh) at the next roundabout.

1 mile from the A698/A6089 roundabout, turn right. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction) - follow the signs for Edinburgh!

LOOK FOR SIGNS AND / OR BALLOONS where you turn off the A6089. If you get lost ask for directions to the Race Course.

There is a Sainsbury Supermarket with fuel just off the A698, although fuel is usually cheaper in Hawick Sainsbury, there is also a Lidl and two Co-ops, one very close to the race course and one in the town centre.

8 June Update

1) Puddleduck
2) Irnbru
3) Rupert
4) MrsMack59
5) Ambilkate
6) Ecojoe
7) Bryden
8) quickweh
9) Peterc10
10) normanandsue
11) Scout
12) DLT
13) Antonio
14) MicknMew
15) Allan & Loren
16) Stewart J
17) Clive
18) Someday
19) Neilfg
20) archie2000
21) wizzer59
22) pigginchilli

Maybe

Al-Di
CWH

Last edited:

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi, We will be doing chicken curry, could do with an idea of how many people want mild or hot! so we can get spices etc. nade x

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi, We will be doing chicken curry, could do with an idea of how many people want mild or hot! so we can get spices etc. nade x

Mild for us two please, the recent radiotherapy completely zapped my throat so spices can cause me problems so I have to be careful, but I will bring some yogurt to cool it as I do at home.:hot:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back