Kampa air awning with Thule omnistore ... (1 Viewer)

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi guys, can you use a Kampa air awning with Thule omnistore awning. I've only used one on a fiamma, which has the channels on the outside so you can raise and close it.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards Richard

Murphy

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Shire Conversion
Exp
Hi Richard, we use a Kampa Rally Pro 330 on our Proster wind out awning, one thing I would state is that when you connect the Kampa to the awning is to have someone take some of the weight off the Kampa as you wind in to avoid overstrained the mechanism, once pulled in should be fine, I believe the air awning are slightly heavier than regular ones,
Hope this helps,

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Richard, we use a Kampa Rally Pro 330 on our Proster wind out awning, one thing I would state is that when you connect the Kampa to the awning is to have someone take some of the weight off the Kampa as you wind in to avoid overstrained the mechanism, once pulled in should be fine, I believe the air awning are slightly heavier than regular ones,
Hope this helps,
Same goes for when you set it up (only the other way around, of course) we wind out about a metre. Put legs out (awning legs, that is; putting our legs out would be silly) to take the weight and one slides, the other feeds the awning into the channel then wind back in. Someone about 7 foot tall could do it with the awning stowed.

With a 4 metre fiamma awning and a 3.8 metre Kampa air awning, I had to modify it a bit by unbolting one end cap and reaming out the channel with a hacksaw and small file, as each of the two channels has an end blocked. The awning itself has extra length on the bit that fixes to the channel, which means it would fit fine on a 4.5 metre Fiamma but not the 4 metre. Clear as mud, isn't it? ;)

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have exactly your combination and thoroughly endorse Pointers point regarding weight, we have bent our awning making it quite hard to wind back in

The track is on the inside as advised above, ours has an aluminium slot with sharp edges which have torn the fabric beading cover on the awning making it hard to get in, we now have an extra fabric double bead strip which I leave in permanently, to which we attach a plastic figure of eight, to which we then attach the awning, much easier to put up, but can slide a bit if very windy

Sounds complicated but has made it much easier to use (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
ive got an omnistor awning and use a kampa air with it as everyone else says just take the weight as you wind back in

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back