Just had some terrible news (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Matty was a member of 4 Yorks..which was at one time Yorkshire Volunteers slowly morphing in one guise or other into 3DWR..then amalgamated into The Yorkshire Regt which was as follows::

1st Bn Yorkshire Regt........................Formerly 1PWO

2nd Bn Yorkshire Regt.......................Formerly 1 Green Howards

3rd Bn Yorkshire Regt........................Formerly 1DWR..

4th Bn Yorkshire Regt........................Formerly 1st 2nd 3rd Yorkshire Vols basically a very large TA Regt within the North/North East of England...I didn't know matty personally but I knew of him through my contact with The TA in the Yorkshire area so I too feel I have lost a member of my if you like extended family..because that is what the Army is a very big family...
He did his bit...My sincere condolences go to his family at this tragic time...

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
saddness

1100 members of 3 Commando Brigade Royal Marines marched through the City of Plymouth today to rousing cheers from family, friends and Plymothians. Sadly they lost 7 men from 42 Cdo and they were remembered at 1100 his morning. Putting the politics to one side these were wonderful and brave young men who gave their lives in a cause that is unwinnable My thoughts go out to ALL those families who have lost loved ones over the past few years

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
our heros

so sorry to hear of yet another life being lost our thoughts are with his family and friends RIP

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sandied

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
2 years
Such sad news once again. Our thoughts are with his family and friends, especially his colleagues who are still over there. RIP brave warrior.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back