LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Jeugdstadion is currently undergoing a refurb, and both toilet blocks and the larger pitches are closed until further notice, but everything else is avalable, including poo pot dump.

When we arrived on Friday after pre-booking we found a note on the barrier saying the site was closed.

I obtained an entry card from the auto chek-in but it would not validate the card, I could not get a reply from the phone number on the booking so tried emailing them.

The emergency phone outside reception is also not working at the moment

After about 30 minutes still no reply so I rang the tourist info office, they managed to raise someone who turned up about 30 minutes later.

The auto check-in appears to be working again now and don't be put off by the sign, you can still get a pitch without a reservation.

Hymie

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We always park down the side of the canal just down from the menin gate, someone on here a couple of months ago said it had been stopped but we parked there with a couple of other vans , last month , no trouble.

OP
OP
Hymie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
@ chaser, 2nd time we have been here in 3 weeks and walked to Menin gate, not a single motorhome parked by the canal either time, but that may be the time of year?

its a it bleak here at the moment, the storm is raging, worse than the one at Equihen on Wednesday. :eek:

We usually stay by the canal ourselves, or on the car park in front of Lidl if the canal car park is chocca but booked into the site for leccy as the fridge is playing up on gas at the moment.

Hymie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sue and I are meeting friends in September to do the Great War 100km Sportive ride, starting and ending in Ypres and Jeugstadion looks ideal for a couple of nights. Has anyone stayed there recently? Gary

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed there in November last year, it was open for motorhome parking despite work being done on site. You bought a ticket from an automated machine inside and then used that to get through the barrier.

It's a nice spot, we stayed one night I seem to remember it has a funny entry system as if you get there early in the day and buy a ticket you have to wait until 11am to get in.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We made a booking 2 weeks ago for the site and the warden was on site when we phoned , an email confirmed the booking and the plot number. No mention of work being done . We shall see( if we make it !)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
We stayed on this site for 3 nights at the beginning of June. Very impressed though we chose to splash out and pay for a "touristic place" rather than just park on the tarmac. Pre-booking essential I'm sure. Auto check-in easy to use. Saw a couple of small vans parked near the canal but as it is nose-in to kerb might be a prob for big boys.

Felt very safe when walking home at 12.30 a.m., even on the short cut past the frog ponds but take care if you have had a few to drink as there are no lights till you are back on site.

No hesitation in recommending the place to anyone wanting to visit the Menin Gate but it is only a 10 minute walk for U. Bolt. I'm sure there are places nearby that are free but it's only money.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We always park down the side of the canal just down from the menin gate, someone on here a couple of months ago said it had been stopped but we parked there with a couple of other vans , last month , no trouble.
WE parked there and were seriously told off by the police!!

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Jeugdstadion is currently undergoing a refurb, and both toilet blocks and the larger pitches are closed until further notice, but everything else is avalable, including poo pot dump.

When we arrived on Friday after pre-booking we found a note on the barrier saying the site was closed.

I obtained an entry card from the auto chek-in but it would not validate the card, I could not get a reply from the phone number on the booking so tried emailing them.

The emergency phone outside reception is also not working at the moment

After about 30 minutes still no reply so I rang the tourist info office, they managed to raise someone who turned up about 30 minutes later.

The auto check-in appears to be working again now and don't be put off by the sign, you can still get a pitch without a reservation.

Hymie
Have you a GPS for this place?
As I want to visit on the way back from Germany.
Any prices?
Laurie.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Try Mr Google, as I can't put the link on Jeugdstadion Camping
Chris

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
It's under route and location
Chris

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We're at Jeugdstadion at the moment. It's a nice site, but small, and completely full last night. We booked on line, yesterday morning. I'd recommend doing the same, if you're thinking of coming.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just returned from our stay at Jeustadion. We were on a pre-booked "tourist" pitch opposite reception. Very impressed with the site. Clean and quiet and very close to town but do book in advance - we saw lots turn up "on spec" only to find the site full. Our "Great War" cycle sportive was brilliant. Less impressed with the high prices for food and drink in Ypres but if you avoid the bars on the Main Street it is cheaper.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back