Jeremy Vine

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by darklord, Nov 24, 2011.

1. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Hope he never feels the need to become a journalist again, as the knives will be out for him. If you agree with him, you get airtime, if you don't he carefully places opposition at the END of the discussion, making their point the concluding one, HIS views are carefull manipulated into the programme, the JV show is graduallly becoming just a platform for selected views rather than a discussion programme.

• Like Like x 6
  2. aba

aba

i have noticed this on many occasions whilst listening to radio2.
    he will always talk over the people that have a valid opposition to his argument and then quickly says "now we have to move on"
    it used to wind me up to the point where i just don't listen to his show anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Any topic in peticular today?

4. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

He stated yesterday when someone said 'what do you think', 'I'm paid not to have an opinion' but I agree with the above posters, his attitude to anyone who does not share his view tells you his opinion.

5. darklord

On today's prog, he was slamming as "hate emails" any views that criticised Kate and Gerry Mcann. A woman on the programme who also supported them, told people who had opposing views, that they "had issues" and should seek help. Not exactly an unbiased programme.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

I listen to Radio 2 all day but have to turn it off when Jeremy Vine comes on.
    His opinions and pc attitude drive me mad I can't stand him.:shout:

• Like Like x 3
  7. darklord

Complaint now made to R2, no doubt they will support their No1 "star".:RollEyes:

8. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

We should all complain maybe BBc would get rid of the prat then:BigGrin:

9. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I cope with him, but I have to turn it off when that prat Steve Wright comes on:shout::shout::shout:

• Like Like x 2
  10. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

agree with you all

He is biased in his handling of the programmes.. Do not like his style or him to come to that.

Bob

11. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Did you tune in when Patrick Kielty took over last week, my goodness what a refreshing change.

Surely the Beeb must have hundreds of letters suggesting they take him on full time instead of that Arse kisser Steve Wright.

He interviewed Michael Bubblḕ and all the way through called him Mickey Bubble as in bubal. He did a brillaint job. Griff:Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  12. darklord

13. tofo

tofo Funster

14. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

YES listen to that and totally agree

15. paul8ch

paul8ch Read Only Funster

cor if you think he's bad try listening or indeed getting a word in with Nick Ferari or James whale on LBC

16. yorkshirepudding

yorkshirepudding Read Only Funster

Typical of most of the media. Where can you get an unbiased opinion? Certainly not on the BBC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Jeremy Vine Show

I have Radio 2 on the whole day and agree with most of the comments posted. Love Patrick Kielty mainly because you never really know what he'll come out with and that is great!:Laughing:
    However, a few months back JV was discussing Asians living in the UK and how they appear to have more rights than us Brits. A man from south London called the programme to say that he had spotted a sticker on the window of a London cab driven by an Asian driver. The sign read, "YOU MAY HAVE YOUR QUEEN, BUT "WE" HAVE YOUR COUNTRY!
    The caller was making his point that he agreed entirely with this and wasn't happy about what the sticker said, saying that the average Brit was now in the minority.
    Jeremy became very uncomfortable and said to the caller, "Well, I'm sure a lot of our listeners won't agree with that" and quickly got shot of the caller.:Blush:

18. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Love Tim Vine!:Laughing:

19. G4GMO

G4GMO Read Only Funster

Who's Jeremy Vine? Not having listened to Radio 2 for some time I don't know who he is. I seem to remember Jimmy Young, is he still broadcasting? Used to listen to Radio 1 when Noel Edmunds/DLT/and the late great Jimmy Saville amongst others where broadcasting. Hissing Sid was innocent IMHO. Seem to remember Terry Wogan used to do an early spot on Radio 2 in the 80s but I found that a little boring ....... to say the least.

20. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

It is a shame about J Vine, as he was good when he started that show, gave people a chance to speak and actually listened to what they said. Now he is right up himself and cuts people off very rudely. No I have never phoned the show :Rofl1: As for Steve Wright, he mainly annoys me as he repeats the news. He is not the news reader! So I generally turn back to 4 at 2pm (only having gone to 2 at 1pm when the news started on 4) then I have The Archers and a play and no music that I do not like. Now, if we have the radiogram on and we are both listening we have Norfolk Radio on. Lots of chat and great accents :BigGrin: Jane :Smile: