I've Signed up for FON

Discussion in 'Web Connections' started by Enodreven, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Enodreven

Enodreven xMember

Hi,

I am in the process of signing up for FON has anyone else ??,

Does anyone know of any problems ??

Why don't you sign up ??,

Brian

FON

2. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Hi Brian

Sounds good I haven't got wifi yet only just got broadband actually:Rofl1: but could be an advantage for my cs site:thumb:

Regards Pat

3. Shuismo

Shuismo Funster

Fon con

We have just returned from a six week tour of France and before we embarked on our trip we purchased the bt fon router but we never once were able to connect or even locate a signal it seems there's just not enough people signed up yet so don,t count on fon mc d s is still your best bet.

4. froggy59

froggy59 Funster

I signed up this morning I just hope its not going to be a waste of £34:Doh:

5. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

I signed up some time ago and find it is worth it in the UK, it costs no extra and when on site or wandering the shops on the wifes apron strings I frequently get online with Laptop or I phone :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Leftlegger

Leftlegger Funster

I got the fonera box earlier this year.
    Works great in uk and france.
    Just remember you,ll most likely be trying to connect to someones home wifi and the signal may be weak.I took a usb wifi dongle with an external antenna and extended it with a long usb lead so I could mount it outside with a bit of height,usually top of the ladder on the back of the camper,there are other external antennas that do the job,mine cost £15 on ebay.I picked up plenty of SFR wifi fon in france.Also handy to use parked up in a L'eclerc,usually get free wifi there as well as Mcdonalds of course.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

I have had it for a few years and often make use when in UK using BT hotspots.
    Had a good connection once on the middle of France, tiny village but apart from that nothing else. However recently read up on some info about howo connect vis SRF. so will give that a try next time,
    Also, have "lent" the code to a friend who uses Internet very little and knows when I am at home.. Plus came in very handy for my aon when his home connection went down and he could access a local hotspot..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

We are on Fon..... and there are others on fun on fon.
    Any problems...none that i know of:thumb:
    We use it in the Uk for Bt openzone...we hope to use it in france BUT mainly mid to south of france where it is more concentrated...we could also have used to connect to zon in Portugal....
    I found it very good in the UK

I use a wifi booster...to pull in the signal

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Tonka... what was the info you have recently read up on how to connect to SFR...in France

10. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

I have the BT (same AS fon) and find it works ok on sites that are near a town or village where some others are signed up and share a signal.
    You will need a aerial/booster to pick it up.

I found it a waste of time in France and could not find many signals, I found x1 fon but the FON webpage would not let me connect no matter how I tried,BT and FON are sposed to be the same:Eeek: