LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We have both UK data and Spanish Data with a vpn but keep getting the same problem with itv x saying a problem at their end ads I say not a vpn problem as we also have UK data, anyone else experienced this

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Disconnect VPN, reboot Firestick, like pull the USB power, then connect VPN to like a Reading or Slough server and try watching ITVX. I’m assuming you’ve downloaded the app to the Firestick?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
We have both UK data and Spanish Data with a vpn but keep getting the same problem with itv x saying a problem at their end ads I say not a vpn problem as we also have UK data, anyone else experienced this
Interesting that this forum is showing you as being in Spain (not sure if you are using the mentioned sim)

Where as Bolti above says they are in Spain but this forum is showing them as UK.

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Interesting that this forum is showing you as being in Spain (not sure if you are using the mentioned sim)

Where as Bolti above says they are in Spain but this forum is showing them as UK.
Yes in Spain and this data is on Spanish sim but also have a UK sim in my phone.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I only had to use my Windscribe VPN, when streaming UK TV via a friend's Spanish WiFi.
I have no problem via my Popit sim.

Cheers

Jock. :)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Streaming ITV away from home even with a VPN has been a problem for years, however we have managed to stream ITVx live this evening in Cyprus using our Cyber Ghost VPN which has a UK location specifically for ITV and others for iPlayer, etc.(y)

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Streaming ITV away from home even with a VPN has been a problem for years, however we have managed to stream ITVx live this evening in Cyprus using our Cyber Ghost VPN which has a UK location specifically for ITV and others for iPlayer, etc.(y)
The op is using a UK SIM so should not need a VPN.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
When we were away a few months ago we couldn’t watch chnl 4 with uk sim in mifi. Connected firestick to phone (uk sim) and worked ok. Out again for Xmas/new year, same SIM card in mifi and this time all ok.
They just appear to swap things around.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Who is using an Apple TV last time we were in Europe we don’t have any issues. My thought is that the Apple TV box is streaming via Apple and a U.K. account. So it would be usefull to hear if others find the same and have no issues.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
These issues can be very frustrating. I have found that if I am using a vpn that when I turn it off my tablet gets all confused about the location it reports.

For example I managed to get iplayer and itvx working in spanin using nord vpn. I had it autostarting on wifi. However when we went back to the UK sim and stopped the vpn both apps reported I was out of the UK and wouldn't work. The only answer was to completely reboot everytime.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I am here in Spain at the moment using the phone to hotspot WiFi. One tablet will play itv, all4 the other tablet no chance. Why? No idea.
Could be the age of one of the tablets. Mine no longer supports most of the tv apps.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I’m in Thailand using my firestick and Windscribe vpn, the ITVX is ok as are the other apps, I watched the first 2 episodes of Merton and Webster motorhoming on my5, but now it’s refusing to play the third, I’ve tried all sorts .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just to add to the Fun 😊....just installed and connected to ITVX....I'm here in Spain on my own broadband, connecting through a VPN...I needed to put my UK postcode...which I lived at 25years ago...that gave me Regional control.... verified my eMail and password...and to my surprise...it works..🇪🇦👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back