ITV X just crap (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
As the title suggests, since it changed I’ve had nothing but trouble with the new itv x, currently in Germany and cannot get on the itv x site, got a popit sim, sorted VPN out and it still won’t let me on, I only wanted to watch the rugby at the weekend through the fire stick, then tried the laptop and only managed it on my I phone, have ITV sussed out the VPN thing?

V frustrating as i player seems to work but no rugby on that 😡 not sure what else I can try, clear cache etc etc

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
My sons are trying to use it to watch the Rugby…..in Devon and Lincolnshire. Both, which is unusual for them, have taken the trouble to complain.🤷👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I had to delete mine and reinstall it and seemed to work ok then, but I’m uk based. Good luck 👍🏻

Both tried that several times…. Still rubbish. They then complain to me on our WhatsApp Rugby Group that I’m ahead of them all the time, or they’re missing important passages of play.🤷‍♂️🤣

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We find the ITV X app absolutely rubbish they need to get it sorted I don’t know if it’s any better if you subscribe to no adds? Has anyone tried that?🤔

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Says a lot about their product if watching it by illegal means results in less issues than using their official app. It is such a bad app.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
I too am having no joy watching the rugby in the UK on my laptop in SE London. On my phone it is just about ok and watchable. Shocking service

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
As the title suggests, since it changed I’ve had nothing but trouble with the new itv x, currently in Germany and cannot get on the itv x site, got a popit sim, sorted VPN out and it still won’t let me on, I only wanted to watch the rugby at the weekend through the fire stick, then tried the laptop and only managed it on my I phone, have ITV sussed out the VPN thing?

V frustrating as i player seems to work but no rugby on that 😡 not sure what else I can try, clear cache etc etc
I use a Roku stick connected to a Huawei router with a Popit sim
No VPN and ITV x worked fine on a recent trip to Germany ( 2 weeks ago)
in fact all the mainstream live tv channels worked faultlessly

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Will all depend which of the many VPN services you are using and which of the many devices you trying to use the ITVX app on.
Some VPNs work with certain apps on certain devices better than others.
ITVX with NordVPN on a router working fine on a Freesat 4k box...and W10 on Chrome , and w11 Chrome, and my Firestick Max,and samsung android tablet.. but not on my newer samsung android tablet...go figure

Maybe try a smartdns service instead....like smartdnsproxy?

That said, if you are in Germany, Rugby World Cup is free (on satellite and terrestrial, and presumably on their online service also which will not need a vpn as you are in the country of use!) on Proseibin Maxx

Nov 2, 2022
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65 de
Exp
Too long
For those of us who live in the UK its still crap ! We only watch series but frequently it comes on with no sound other times after adverts ( which is also pathetic, flashing screen etc) it doesnt start just a blank screen. Exit reload and resume sometimes multiple times in one episode.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Surely people on here aren't saying that i player is better? I thought everyone was a BBC hater.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Surely people on here aren't saying that i player is better? I thought everyone was a BBC hater.
iplayer is miles ahead and always has been. I do hate the BBC though, just look what they've done to Top Gear and Question of Sport. Have I got News For You is just hanging on in there with Paul Merton doing his best to drag it down.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
As many people have already said you do not need a VPN if you are using a UK Sim, that does not excuse how cr*p the app is though.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Funny enough recently ITVx has been working well on my Samsung smart monitor, previously when it first changed over it was dire, maybe they debugged the version that works on the Samsung operating system.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
No problems at all with ITVX……..but, then again I never use it……. :imoutahere:

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Lots of different ways to get it to work reading the replies, wondering why then we keep getting the error code that recognises we’re out of the country🤷‍♀️
Never tried the satellite as I thought it wouldn’t pick up the required Astra 2 down here, or do I need to start getting into the technical bit of choosing where the dish should be pointed?

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Lots of different ways to get it to work reading the replies, wondering why then we keep getting the error code that recognises we’re out of the country🤷‍♀️
Never tried the satellite as I thought it wouldn’t pick up the required Astra 2 down here, or do I need to start getting into the technical bit of choosing where the dish should be pointed?
Have you tried it without VPN and with a UK Sim?
To test this theory just run up another app like the iPlayer again with no VPN and using the same UK Sim assuming that this is in some sort of mifi unit.
If this does work and then itvx does not then it is most def their cr*p app.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We're using it in Spain at the moment whilst we're travelling in the van. No big problems (adverts excepted !) We are using Surfshark (I think) 😂

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We're using it in Spain at the moment whilst we're travelling in the van. No big problems (adverts excepted !) We are using Surfshark (I think) 😂
I expect you will need a VPN as your Sim will be Spanish i am guessing, the op should not need a VPN as long as they are using a UK Sim that is which is not clear at the moment.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We use both a popit sim and one from rwg, neither need a vpn to stream including itv x. All we find is sometimes itv x is slow to get going and the adverts buffer a bit. We watched Payback 1-3
sat and 4-6 Sunday with no problems

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I’m in Spain using the tiekom sim with a firestick, never a problem with ITVX but discovery+ has been a nightmare, had to keep uninstalling/reinstalling discovery+ and Windscribe vpn , not happy when I’m in the middle of snooker and all of a sudden it tells me I’m not in the U.K. 🤣🤣

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Have you tried it without VPN and with a UK Sim?
To test this theory just run up another app like the iPlayer again with no VPN and using the same UK Sim assuming that this is in some sort of mifi unit.
If this does work and then itvx does not then it is most def their cr*p app.
Hi yes, we initially tried through our router drayTek vigor 2620 LTE, but haven’t had much success abroad with it and yes a UK sim, so we have used my wife’s unlocked I phone with the same sim with some success just not itvX, I’ve really got to be in the mood as it just frustrates the crap out of me and feel like throwing the to out the window, good job it fixed to the van😂

• Informative
Reactions: zac

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
The German channel i mentioned are on Astra 1 at 19 east...nice and easy to receive over mainland Europe

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Not sure where you are in Germany but used satellite in multiple locations along the Mosel valley coupled to an Avtex latest generation tv with built in FREESAT decoder and had all the mainstream channels including our own ITV 1 region and BBC 1 Scotland

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hi yes, we initially tried through our router drayTek vigor 2620 LTE, but haven’t had much success abroad with it and yes a UK sim, so we have used my wife’s unlocked I phone with the same sim with some success just not itvX, I’ve really got to be in the mood as it just frustrates the crap out of me and feel like throwing the to out the window, good job it fixed to the van😂
If it were me i would take the Draytek Router out of the testing and either use phone hotspot or something else with the same sim in like a mifi unit and see how that goes. I used to swear by Draytek as been using them for years but i have sold my last 2 routers which were Dratek 2927ac's as they just were not stable, they rebooted every few days even with assistance from their tech support. Also through put was throttled when using them as my home connection is 900mb down but i could never get near that with those routers.
Anyway to cut this short i would remove them from the testing just to see how you get on as it might be something within their setup.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I've just been to Toulouse for a week and used a Roku with a IQGo sim and Stream VPN. Had no trouble connecting at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back