Island bed

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mojo, May 25, 2012.

1. mojo

mojo Funster

Any suggestions ? We are looking for island bed,comfortable L shape lounge with travel seats in the shortest size possible most likely second hand.Off course we understand it will be at least 7mtr+ but the one that fits the bill so far is the tag axle Swift Kon-tiki.Before we commit to such a large size I want to be sure we did not miss a van with more friendly dimensions.

Secondly should I be so concerned over the large size in relation to getting campsite pitches and driving with the A frame car behind ? Many others dont seem bothered ?

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

No problem on both counts.

my Kontiki was over 7mtrs and towed a vauxhall corsa....roads and campsites were never a problem.

3. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I recently phoned a campsite that was charging £2.50 a night for a car and asked her why she was charging extra for a car when we had a motorhome and that caravans have two vehicles on the pitch, she said she didn't have Insurance to have two motorized vehicles on the same pitch. I thanked her for the advice but said it would put me off going there but she didn't seem to care. Most sites like caravan club sites.cl s and most commercial sites don't charge. We won't be using them.
    Now we have a car as well we will have to look out for those extra charges a well as those ones that charge extra for dogs.