Is your motorhome being "marked" ??????

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ourcampersbeentrashed, Jul 19, 2009.

1. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Hi Folks

Had a tip off that some motorhomes in the London area are being "MARKED"

so please just keep a check on yours, if its not parked within high walls.

On Friday morning we found a pair of shoes neatly hidden behind the front wheel of our motorhome.

However, we have also been told it could be anything from an empty cigarette pack to another item of what may look like rubbish, often discreetly placed. Sometimes it is chalk marks on the pavement

Keep an eye out folks ...................... just in case

2. duetto owner

duetto owner Read Only Funster

what is the purpose of being "marked" please

3. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Strange .......whilst in Saumur France recently we stopped in the local Le Eclerc(sp) supermarket, we were not in there long, we had parked close to the front of the store (a very busy store) but on return to the van on the habitation door (our sliding door?) on the very lower bottom I just noticed a white sticker with the no 49 with a black outline on it... thinking John was playing a trick on me after relating the earmarked vehicles on the threads here but no he said! :shout::shout:
    I swiftly removed it, so Thank you who ever had made us aware of this!!
    It did make me feel uncaomfitable at the time but sense made us move on :thumb::thumb:

(sorry if posted in the wrong place ... please move if not correct)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  4. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

With vehicle crime especially where vehicles or parts are being stolen to order the thieves often work in groups or gangs.

You will have people scouring roads for suitable vehicles, they will mark the vehicle or area in such a way and then give the details to those tasked with either stealing the parts or the whole vehicle itself.

Later at some point the people tasked with actually removing the vehicle will come round and look for the markers.

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

It would be far nicer and efficient of them to get properly organised, they could drop of a plastic bag like help the aged, with a parts list enclosed and a day when they will be collecting them:Wink: