Is There A Problem With Astra2 Or Is It My Caro? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Anyone got issues trying to find Astra 2 on their satellite this aft?
I've just had it and all the usual TV stations earlier but come to switch on again and satellite can't lock on when doing an automatic search.
I've tried switching off and taking dish down and also switched off switch on box in wardrobe and it still spins around searching for the satellite when switched back on.
Area is good and no blockages.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Forget my last post - after a good 5 mins of the fish spinning around, it's finally locked on and I've got a picture!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Phew! I thought it might be Aliens. (Memo to self: Think more positively. Negativity gets you into so much trouble.) :)

I tried my manual dish last month for the first time in southern Spain but I couldn't find any satellites. The problem, as I discovered more by chance was I wasn't elevating it far enough. In the UK it normally needs to point up around 22° but in Spain I assumed it would only need to be a few degrees higher. Not so, it needed to be up at around 40° and I now understand why. As you go south one degree of latitude the sun rise one degree (to within a gnat's) but a satellite is much closer so they rise several degrees for every degree you move south.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
There are three Astra 2 satellites currently in usen (2e, 2f and 2g), using about 100 plus frequencies / transponders
it would be very unusual for all three satellites and all transponders to fail at the same time.
It would probably take a very large comet / meteor or alien space ship (independance day???) to be able to wipe them out all at once...and if that was the case then I doubt not getting TV would not really be the main concern...!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back