Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, after having a lovely weekend away we returned our van to where we store it, when we tried to start it the engine wouldn't turn over ans the indicators kept coming on . we've had the AA out today and after trying for over an hour couldn't get it going. He said no fuel is getting to the engine and that's it's likely to be a pump in the diesel tank , could this be the immobiliser stopping the fuel? We have had a few problems starting g the van before but always got it going, it has already been disabled from the key fob and we have to put a code in to start it .
Just wondered if anyone had had similar problems.
Swift Kon Tiki, Sigma Immobalizer
Diane

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I`ve been having sigma immobiliser problems recently but it now seems to be just a key fob that is either defective or needs reprogramming. Just not got around to doing it yet.
When you press the keyfob with ignition on (or pin in keypad) you should be able to hear the fuel pump kick in and a turn of the key turns the engine over. Is that happening ?
If it`s the immobiliser still in operation the engine wont turn over

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
just an update , we got it started by putting the code in twice before trying to start up. we have tested it on two separate days and its started . thanks for all the advice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This has been mentioned quite recently.
A lot of alarm / immobiliser systems are affected, but Sigma more that others.. Park any where near a fone mast and the fob struggles..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back