Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hiya everyone, Iris is my new toy, an Iveco Irisbus 16 seater which I bought to take me and my family (two dogs 4 birds) away on holiday.
So far all I have done is to take 3 double seats out of the back of the bus. They are selling on fleabay as I write.
I have put up curtains, nets and proper ones; put in a blow up bed (not mattress) and my camping stove.
I need to take the rest of the seats out bar one double passenger seat. I may keep a spare double seat for the unlikely event I travel with more than one human companion (my partner). I have to change the geabox oil as it's nearly impossible to get 3rd and 5th gear. This is common enough on Ivecos, you have to use their own gearbox oil, that should be sorted in a week or so. Gonna also change the power steering fluid and filter, remove the restrictor - she used to be a local authority vehicle - and then we're good to go.
Having had only one owner from new, a city council; she has been well maintained being serviced twice a year, she also has a remarkably low mileage to my mind for a fifteen year old bus. Just 100,000 km.
I have wanted one of these for years, I used to have an ambulance conversion many years back, a lwb transit, which I loved dearly but a former partner trashed it from spite.
Iris however, is all mine and I am so looking forward to going away.
Happy days.::bigsmile:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Morrigan and welcome to the Fun site! :welcomefunster:
How about some pics?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN the best site for all our motorhome advise and well worth the 10.00 annual £10.00 subscription. :flyingwelcome:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
hi and welcome to the madhouse.we see you are getting ready for the fun.hope to see you at a meet.:thumb::thumb:

Terry49

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lymm
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
:welcomefunster:

OP
OP
Morrigan

Morrigan

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all for being so welcoming. Unfortunately my phone is rubbish and does not let me upload photos, and at present it is the only internet access I have.
Today I had friends over for a picnic in the bus.
I set up a table in the cleared back of the bus and by the time they turned up, the table was bedecked with linen and covered with bone china, crystal glassware and the results of this afternoon's baking session. It was fantastic fun and we didn't even leave the driveway. ::bigsmile:
I have an excellent photo which the rotten phone refuses to share, of a rufty tufty biker with a tiny china cup, little finger sticking out sipping his Darjeeling ::bigsmile:.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
well done son you will fit in well with the funsters.hope to meet you at a meet,:thumb::thumb::Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back