LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi...I have been using ip vanish for a while, it enabled me to access BBC iplayer from outside UK.
The latest version is not providing the same level of service and does not hide my location like it should.
More than 2 days with customer service has resulting in me being left in the cold.
Only one question....anyone else updated and not getting the same as with the previous versions.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I use my own home VPN however you might find that if for some reason you had not launched your VPN and tried BBC it would put a geo cookie in your browser and subsequently screw you for access. I had the same thing, went through the cookies on Firefox, stripped the BBC ones and voila it resolved it. Not sure but worth a try.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes! I am using the latest version on a windows 10 platform and find it faultless. This is my second year with IP Vanish and I am very happy with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks Guys for you answers.................IP Vanish and myself have been trying to solve this for the past 3 days, they keep coming up with load of tech stuff....some I understand and some I do not.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I tossed up between using IP vanish and unlimited VPN - chose the latter and certainly had no issues with it, but always hear good reports about the former. Hope you get it fixed; the cookies are an obvious answer but assume you tried that. I have to change servers if I want BBC; normally use one in Luxembourg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have used one called cloud vpn, in France last month , it worked perfect, and was free, but the other day , I got a message saying they were now going to charge, so havnt payed and don't know how good it is now, but for anyone who is considering paying for one it might be worth looking at.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
What device are you using? I run my own VPN but found out recently that BBC iplayer will only run on an ipad if location services is switched on. That means it will refuse the connection even when the ipaddress is a UK one as it can detect from loation servies that you are not in teh UK. It works fine on a macbook (laptop) and Android phone but no longer on our ipad.

Allan

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
What device are you using? I run my own VPN but found out recently that BBC iplayer will only run on an ipad if location services is switched on. That means it will refuse the connection even when the ipaddress is a UK one as it can detect from loation servies that you are not in teh UK. It works fine on a macbook (laptop) and Android phone but no longer on our ipad.

Allan
My problem is that this Paid VPN has worked fine up to just now on all devices, but its restricted now to just Android devices....its my Win 10 Laptop thats causing the problem...this is linked to my TV via HDMI Cable.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Of you go to Broken Link Removed from your laptop it will tell you the ipaddress you are reaching the Internet from and if that's a UK ipaddress then the vpn is working OK and something else is giving your real location to the end point. Perhaps win 10 has an equivalent of location service

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Of you go to Broken Link Removed from your laptop it will tell you the ipaddress you are reaching the Internet from and if that's a UK ipaddress then the vpn is working OK and something else is giving your real location to the end point. Perhaps win 10 has an equivalent of location service
I found lately that boxpn was saying that it was hiding my address and that the whatsmyipaddress is showing England I am still getting messages saying the content cannot be displayed due to your geographical location.
I've now downloaded a trail version of another vpn which works as it should.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks........my vpn works well on all Android devices....but on Win 10 Laptop I cannot hide my location, well not with anything BBC, there must be a leak somewhere....Ip vanish customer service have been great but they cannot sort it either... I can connect to ITV hub, More 4 etc....BBC NO.....they go out of their way to stop overseas usage......

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
There is a windows to geolocation feature which might also be giving away your location.
I suggest you try the following, in teh order listed:
1. open browser and clear cache.
2. Try private browsing mode.
3. switch geolocaiton off. This is different for each browser so you'll need to google "<browser name> switch geo location off" go get the correct method for your browser.
4. Ditch windows 10 and load a linux distribution
5. Buy a Mac.
6. Don't watch any BBC programs.

Just joking with options 4,5&6...

Muntic0re

Free Member
Nov 22, 2016
US
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm newbie
I suggest to use PureVPN. It uses 256-bit encryption software and they also use three security protocols namely, PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and SSTP. All these security procedures combined provides you with the ability to surf the web, stream, access restricted sites and download torrents completely securely. I compared it with other vpn services on Broken Link Removed it's better on each parameter. PS no lags

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
I use Nord VPN with no issues, also there is a special offer on just now working out at £65 for a 2 year subscription, 72% off.

https://nordvpn.com/features/

Nord%20vpn.jpg

No issues wanting to watch regional shows, just pick the server for the country showing the show.

nordicvpn%202.jpg

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I suggest to use PureVPN. It uses 256-bit encryption software and they also use three security protocols namely, PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and SSTP. All these security procedures combined provides you with the ability to surf the web, stream, access restricted sites and download torrents completely securely. I compared it with other vpn services on Broken Link Removed it's better on each parameter. PS no lags
Switched from ipvanish to Purevpn......total success......good support and a product that works.
Thanks everyone for advice on this.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back