Into the dragons den and all thaT...... :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by brassneck69, Dec 9, 2008.

1. brassneck69

brassneck69 Deleted User

Newbie here, so be gentle :Eeek:

Im Lenny from the Wirral. Got the usual wife, and 2 boys aged 12 and 13. Plus a psychotic Boxer called Alf, and an agoraphobic English Springer called Ross.
    Some of you ex caravanners may know me from other forums. (Spotted John Road Runner knocking about on here so thats a good sign).

I dont have a MH YET, however im in "justify" and "convince" mode. Been tugging a van round for 11 years, did France for the first time this year. But ive had this nagging for a while. Enough of the wife though.:Rofl1:

We actually did a deal on a MH at the NEC in October, only for the dealer to pull out and let us down big time. It dented our spirits a bit, but we have persevered. We liked the Elddis Autoquest 180, 6 berth *starter* MH.

However, this week i have fell in love hook line and snker with a Rollerteam 600. Without a doubt this is the one for us. We've had a price on a px with our van, which frankly disgusted me. But not to be put off, i am still toying with figures. I do have an ace up my sleeve though, im 40 in January so im throwing that in to the bargaining with the wife, as well as the *give up smoking if we get this* ploy.
    We shall see.

So i MAY, hopefully, be posting about some future jaunts in the bus in the not too distant future. But as everyone on here seems so cheerful and friendly i thought i would introduce myself.

So hello to people known and unknown.

And if your all of the same ilk as John, im in good company :thumb:

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Hi Lenny welcome to the fun Forum,
    Good luck with your quest Try this one:Doh:
    Darling I have fallen in love with a motor home and am convinced its the way to go, you must have faith in my taste and judgment, after all look who I married:thumb:
    Geo

3. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

You Charmer Geo:BigGrin: Lets hope Pammys not looking:thumb:

4. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

wow uncanny,
    I too was 40 last week, have stopped smoking for 10 weeks and have used that to my advantage to jump in to our second motorhome which we picked up last week.
    Having two kids of a similar age are you sure the 500 is the van for you? Im sure there will be others on here that own one and will say how hapy they are but make sure you have a good look first and think deep, its not a caravan, you are about to enter the motorhome zone. an experience that in 12 months you will think is the best thing you have ever done (hopefully) or alternately be crying in your pint. From memory the 500 is a side seat along with a diner which makes in to a bed. this means for a family, constant bed making and of course not being able to move about until everyone is up.
    Our last van was a CI (rear transvers bunk beds) which we loved, really loved, but with our bin lids the same age as yours, we began to realise that more space was needed. If your convincded it will work for you then go for it, I would only say that buying second hand and selling your van first is an ideal option. There are corking bargains to go and get in the used market at the moment. This will also help, should you of course not take to Motorhoming as you had hoped. Buying new costs money, and lots of it. The autoroller 500s are available at just a year old from as little as £22k ! not bad considering there 31k new. I can't fault the brand, they are a budget brand built to a very good standard in my opinion/
    So what ever you choose, good luck, happy 40th and hopefully see you on a meet sooon:thumb:

5. haganap

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Jeez paul.......i didnt realised you smoked that much.......saved enough fag money in 10 weeks to buy a new motorhome. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

BTW nearly forgot:Doh: welcome to the FUN lenny

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  7. haganap

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Doh:

8. tink

tink Read Only Funster

welcome to the fun lenny hope you get sorted with a m/h ,any questions about any makes & model someone here will know the answer.:thumb:

9. RuthRv

RuthRv Read Only Funster

Hi lenny welcome to the fun site, hope you enjoy looking and find the one that you want, my ploy to my husband when we wanted a bigger rv well darling no problem, but you will to continue working longer than anticipated, (and me as well) but was it worth it you bet your life it was, give up our motorhome NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. sharon333

sharon333 Deleted User

Welcome to the site Lenny. Hope you have a great holiday season.

11. madbluemad

madbluemad

Hi Lenny and Welcome to the FUN SITE. I too live on the Wirral and so maybe we will see each other about

Cheers

Jim :Smile::Smile: