Interior modification (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I need to cut a hole/door in the front of the doblo's seat/electric box to enable me to store and use the thetford (ok know it isn't a thetford but can't remember what kind it is)

Didn't want to confuse the issue for dazandandrea
Minxy will try to post some photos and mark where i want the opening, that should keep me busy for a while šŸ˜‰
42361CED-CF0C-483F-BADF-361B8828D900.jpeg
D555B055-183D-443B-BEAF-BB02F215E281.jpeg
37D01EC1-967A-435A-91CA-865F58C1D629.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
couldn't add anything after adding photos, the toilet looks like it is tight against the sides, optical illusion, couldnt draw on where i wanted to put the door, on the front picture there is a tiny dot that is the top righthand corner of where opening will be will need to replace the trim, remind me not to use double sided gorilla tape in the wrong place.

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
You want to use the space for the Porta Potti that goes in via the top, and cut a door so you can pull it out keeping the top in place. Have I got that right?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
You want to use the space for the Porta Potti that goes in via the top, and cut a door so you can pull it out keeping the top in place. Have I got that right?
Spot on Clivefog thanks

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You will need a fine toothed saw or whatever your going to cut the hole with to avoid rough edges and chipping of the covering of the board. Decide how you are going to cover the cut edges on the finished cuts ,both on the piece your using as a door and the frame edges left behind.
A daunting job. Best of luck

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
That should be an easy little job? I would take the front panel out to cut out the opening and use the bit you cut out as the door either get some laminate edging either iron on or contact adhesive in same colour or lip the door with some hardwood making it a feature.šŸ˜Š

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
I think I would consider cutting the front panel into 3 pieces ...1 for the loo door and 2 which you would put back each side of the loo. Once you've re edged the cut surfaces you put a small handle on the loo door and hold that in place with 4 magnetic catches. I think you may have to put a batten in the loo cupboard to stop it sliding out as you go round righthand bends!!! Would that work???

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
That should be an easy little job? I would take the front panel out to cut out the opening and use the bit you cut out as the door either get some laminate edging either iron on or contact adhesive in same colour or lip the door with some hardwood making it a feature.šŸ˜Š
taking off the front panel would entail completely dismantling almost the whole interior of the van, including the fridge and electrics so that is not going to happen, that was my first thought before I realised how much work it would intail.
AndyPK would like to do that too but as I don't intend to use the bit I take out for a door am going to risk it. Will be utilising some wood i have to make a 'door'
this is the bed base which folds out to make a double and I am trying to maintain the integrity of the structure to support it.
Wolfie the piece to the right of where the door is going to be houses the electrics charger and leisure battery so doesn't need a door. All accessed easily from the top. john has added gas struts so it goes up very easily. would love a second door and a couple of shelves but it would weaken the bed frame too much.
Have had all off lock down to fettle it and just starting now šŸ˜‚

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back