interior cladding

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by paul8ch, Nov 22, 2011.

1. paul8ch

paul8ch Read Only Funster

Hi guys this is my first post after introducing myself so here goes.I've just started to convert my minibus into a motorhome, most of the furniture and fitting are coming from an old tourer. I have been looking high and low forthe cladding boards that caravans/motorhomes are fitted out with inside without much success does anyone have any ideas on where i can get this stuff or should I just board out with hardboard/mdf/ply and wallpaper? Any advise would be most appreciated.:thumb:

2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

3. Gromett

Gromett Funster

http://www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk

Fantastic supplier.

Also worth joining
    http://www.sbmcc.co.uk

I have converted two now. I used 3mm ply wood in the current one and then used trunk liner. It doesn't look as professional as a flimsy but it has a warmer feel and sounds less like a box inside.

4. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

JJ done a self build am sure he will be a long soon as its is show bus:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Don't put him off, he's still full of enthusiasm.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

7. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi. these days the manufacturers use vohringer boards but its very expensive.
    having used hardboard years ago its much better to use 3mm ply . i wallpapered mine 11yrs ago .its getting ready to be done again. in recent years when doing truck campers have used my mates duraflake system. its a resin based covering . that as coloured flakes blown on .you can also have a glitter mix. its water tight we use it in the shower rooms and even as a wet room. you see it in hotels rooms or recreation centers . my mate seems to be the only one doing it round here .he tells me others do it around the country. have thought about doing mine in it but so far havent made my mind up. some of you may know purple bob with the purple daf 45 his was the first one we did in it still looks nice 5 yrs later.