insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by smiffy502000, Aug 21, 2013.

1. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

evening all, just had a quote for insurance from safeguard on our MH, £476 !!:Angry:when I had a little chuckle down the phone,..young lady says is that more than you expected? yes say I.... hang on ill see what I can do, thirty seconds later comes back on to tell me ..we can send you £100 pounds cash back after 90 days.. my point,why cant they just give me the £100 off the premium ?and why are they so bloody expensive, do they try to get as much out of you as they can? RIP OFF!!:Angry::Angry:

2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

3. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

Tried comfort on ours. £385. Adrian flux less excess, windscreen and higher legal costs. £204 inclusive of charges:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. chaser

chaser Funster

From my own experience , be careful of what Adrian flux are including or not as the case maybe , not complaining or knocking them but read your policy thoughly, what they say on the phone is not necessaryly what is in writing

5. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

thanks,ill make sure I get all the facts before I buy

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i got the same deal from safeguard ....who are just brokers.

my insurer is Swinton...and 90 days later the cheque came through the door, from Swinton.

i reckon the 'cash back' offer is just a marketing ploy by Swinton.

now the catch...if you cancel for any reason after you get the cheque (90 days)..they want their £100 back :Angry: plus any cancelation fees.

as the cover was OK i renewed with them (swinton via safeguard) and it was a bit cheaper but no cash back this time.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

iv used them in the past to insure my previous vans and yes the cover is good,but I still think they try it on! why cant they just give a genuine fair price quote without silly cash back offers?

8. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

100£ with loads of conditions its sharp practise at best

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sid52

Sid52 Funster

My quote, which was accepted, was £420, and that was because my wife had had an accident a couple of years ago. CC were quoting c£600, and some other insurers were £7-800
    Safeguard also included full AA breakdown and recovery in UK and Europe. Also full insurance cover in Europe with no limits on time.

I do think that deals change through the year, perhaps similar to budget airlines!

10. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

swinton group plc actually own safeguard in its various guises. this is why you get bombarded with calls from other swinton group companies shortly after getting a quote or taking insurance with them. cashback is a psychological toy, making you think youre getting money for nothing. well trying to make you believe it anyway. it seems to work with many people though:Doh: