insurance renewal

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by JohnM, Jan 18, 2013.

1. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Just got my renewal in from caravanguard i changed to them last year from comfort becauce of price this year comfort is £60 cheaper for better cover.Stange how prices change from year to year,prefered comfort so will renew with them.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. kickstart

kickstart Funster

It is amazing,we were with Comfort no changes or claims and ours went up so we have gone with Caravanguard, £60 cheaper :Smile:

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

its always worth ringing both companies and play them off against each other. We ask for a reduction every year. just get the better quote and ring your insurer asking them to beat it. always works for us, as the insurers are keen to retain or gain customers and dont want to lose out to competitors

better £60+ in your pocket rather than theirs

4. Leftlegger

Leftlegger Funster

I Agree,just got my car insurance renewal through from RAC,£40 more than an online quote,happens every year,gave them a call and got the price down to the online quote.

• Like Like x 1
  5. enery8

enery8 Funster

Loyalty counts for nothing. :Angry::Angry::Angry: Best to get a new quote every year and as has been said, play them off against each other. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. FM02MZO

FM02MZO Funster

We have found that you get a better deal if you go with a different company each year as you normally an introductory offer from them.

7. ramsthom

ramsthom Funster

I agree with the previous comments. Ive been with Caravan Guard since 2007 and have found their yearly renewals to be very competitive. However this year we are planning a 6 week European trip so wished to add European Breakdown cover. This increased the policy to £420 from £330. Received a quote from Safeguard which included European breakdown for £360. Back to Caravan Guard who matched the Safeguard Quote.

8. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Saga - missing a huge opportunity

Have just tried to get a motorhome insurance quote from Saga and have been told that, because I am not storing the motorhome on my drive, they will not be able to quote me. I explained that it is being stored at a site nearby which has CCTV, fenced, padlocked etc but still they wont quote. I would think that many motorhomes are stored away from the owners home as most driveways are not big enough to accommodate it. Am now probably going with Safeguard or Caravanguard.

9. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Motorhome insurance vs Car Insurance

Just insured the motorhome. It cost 20% more to insure than the car did, has better cover and it's worth 4 times more than the car - riddle me that????:Eek!:
    By the way, I got a £15 discount from Safeguard because I was a member of Motorhome Fun - smashing - thanks!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013