Insurance renewal (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
It's that time again. Been happy with Comfort Insurance for the last few years with quotes going up and down a little bit. But now I am another victim of their high renewal quotes, with a £95 increase and no negotiations. It seems to me that they are taking me for a ride and they think I am too comfortable with them.

They suggested that my quote could reduce if I put a limit on mileage. So got a quote for the highest limit, 10k which brought it back to last year's price. We have averaged about 10k each year, if we ignore the lost Covid years. But there have been years when we have done more than that so I asked them what they would charge if I went over that. Are you all sitting down? If we went 1 mile over the 10k the charge would be £350, and if we went more than 1000 miles over that it would be £600!!!!! So I am not chancing that.

So started with LV who I have cars and home insurance with. After putting up with 40 minutes of muzack on the phone I got an ear ache and hung up. So let's try their website. Worrying that they stated it was for a "campervan". Couldn't find my reg no, but hey ho I have had it for over 7 years. Put in details as Fiat and the choices offered were for 2016 models onwards only. So it looks like my motorhome is too old by one year.

Next I tried the CCC, which I have been a member of for 10 years. Got a quote on their website and it was near enough £1300!!!!!! Over twice what Comfort's inflated quote is. I wonder what planet they are living on.

I will have another crack at LV as soon as their lines open tomorrow morning in the hope that the queue will be shorter and I can persuade them to insure my "old banger" because we are existing clients. They have been good with our cars and home insurances and they are a Which best buy.

In the meantime any other suggestions please?

Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
I would go for the limited mileage option and keep it under 10,000. But I also understand that you do not want to be restricted.

My insurance is with Caravan Guard and I am impressed with them. Might be worth a try.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Keep trying with LV and get the existing customer part in straight away. They were the best quote by far for us, and the quoted premium even went down by £30+ when I came to take it up due to wife’s car being renewed with them in the intervening period!

Feb 28, 2023
Newcastle-under-Lyme, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
I'm a relative Newbie
Performance Direct (Grove and Dean), came in for me, well below the increased renewal from C&MC and both with LV. I also now get a Tracker with the Policy and for £55 I will get my £400 excess back in the event of a own fault claim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back