Info on CRISTAL 15 LCD TV/DVD (1 Viewer)

Incamania

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Preston
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2002
Hi All
Does anyone have an address or contact number for CRISTAL (yes I not Y)
television receivers please? ( our is a 15 LCD /DVD unit )
They were originally sold through TJ Hughes who have now ceased trading and who were the service contact. I have tried through the administrators to find an agent, but no reply todate.
The set works fine in my home area, which was where it was first set up, but when away in the van - no signal - appears on the screen. I have tried retuning but with no success.
Since returning home I retuned to my home area and everything is perfect again, although I did have to select - delete all channels - before retuning.
I can find no mention in the handbook of any procedure for - retuning to another group of channels - ; neither is there any mention of a - reset code - as is the case with some TV's.
When were away again I will try the - delete all channels - option.
Sure would appreciate any funsters help.
Many Tks
ATB
Incamania

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
From that brief description I'd say your van had a faulty aerial or lead. Does any other TV work in there ? Does it work in there at home ?

OP
OP
Incamania

Incamania

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Preston
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2002
Cristal 15 inch LCD TV/DVD

Thanks Brian
The aerial in the van is definitely OK, I also tried using a portable AVTEK
aerial - same result. I'm fairly certain the anomaly lies with the retuning to 'another channel group', as when I returned home the screen displayed - no signal - when using the house aerial.
As I said in my original post, I selected (in desperation) - delete all channels - retuned and everything returned to normal. Perhaps I have stumbled on the solution, I won't know until we're away again. In the meantime I'm keen to discuss the issue with the relevant service agent if I can find out who it is, or,
a funster who may have had a similar experience. A lot of these units were sold, some by Amazon ( no they don't have a contact number ) so I am hoping someone here may be able to help.
Thanks anyway
ATB
Incamania

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hiya

Everytime I arrive on a site I always delete and retune our TV. I have an Avtex TV. The only time I wouldnt do this is if we were returning to the same site.

Sonja

OP
OP
Incamania

Incamania

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Preston
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks Sonja
I have now managed to find a contact number for the TV and spoken to the SVC engineers, they confirm that for this model a 'Factory Reset' is required when moving locations and that a 'Delete all Channels' function must be carried out before selecting 'Auto Tune'.
All now appears to be ::bigsmile:.
ATB
Incamania

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back