in the van

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Wildbill, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

having problem sleeping at the moment so come out to the van I find I sleep beater in the van than any ware.
    my depression demons don't seen to bother me her dos any one do the sam if thing are a bit much in the house or is it just me being a sado :Sad:

2. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Not a Sado at all, Bill.
    It takes balls to recognise the demons and to deal with them openly.
    Power to your elbow, mukka.

• Like Like x 2
  3. scousebird

scousebird Funster

I don't need to sleep in the van for any reason but I do find I sleep better & for longer in the MH.

4. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Bill for what ever reason I always sleep well in the van, just seems extra relaxing, hope you get some sleep tonight. :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Pts bud always get's me this time of year but by the end of the week they will be gone for a while

6. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Bill,

I'm with Carol. Last night was an awful night's sleep in the home bed for me, even though it is a quality mattress and base. However, over the weekend, and last week when a carpenter was building new wardrobe fronts for us at home, Rita and I slept in the MH. We both agree that we rest and sleep much better in the MH, even if it is on the blooming driveway...........demons or not. :Wink: How strange is that, eh?

BTW, we all have them, (demons that is) but some just don't appear to be obvious to us at the time. :Smile:

Have a good night's kip Bill. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

7. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

I'm on your side. :thumb:
    I always sleep better in the MH and my depression demons don't seem to bother me as much, if at all.
    Maybe they don't like camping and stay at home. :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  8. geo glasgow

geo glasgow Read Only Funster

i think its a cacoon feeling

that is a feelgood factor, all is around, fridge,remote,pisser...lol
    but yes troubles flood out the m/home door and tranquility enters into our sole,, its almost depressing going home on a Sunday afternoon back to a big house with sh*t in it that you feel you dont need, and a big double bed with the wife :Wink: ,,, its the big bed that does it ,,,

9. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Well, Bill has the "man flu" at the moment, it hit him on Friday just before we came back home:Sad: He's been like a bear with a sore head, so he's sleeping in another room thankfully......best place for him when he's got "man flu", he gets no sympathy from me when he's sniffing everywhere:Blush:

I couldn't sleep last night for some reason, so have taken half a sleeping tablet and should be fine tonight. I was still awake after 4 am last night....this morning? and it's a long night when that happens:Doh:

But you're right, there is something really nice when you are all "snuggly wuggly" in the van and it's raining down on the roof. When we set off in the van we think "woo hoo, we're off for a break"! It's like a different world for a while.......:thumb:

billthedrill........I hope you get a decent night's sleep tonight:Smile:

Margaret

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  10. Monman

Monman Read Only Funster

Thunder and lightening on the Algarve

I wish I could sleep in our camper here at Motorhomefriends near Albufiera!
    We've had thunder and lightning and torrential rain since lunchtime...the noise inside the camper is horrendous.Sleep impossible,so got up to browse t'internet and drink whisky for anaesthetic purposes.

• Like Like x 4
  11. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

sleep well Bill

Hope the demons go away quickly :thumb::thumb:

12. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

No, definitely not a sado, everyone has to have a place they can retreat to when they're feeling low. Everyone has a bolt hole.
    Here's hoping you get a good nights sleep tonight, I don't know you Bill, but I'd be lying if I said I'd never felt that way. Hope you feel much happier soon. Hope you don't mind me putting this forward.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I have been given sleeping tablets in hospital I sleep straight away and have bad dreams then after 3 or 4 hours wake up wide awake unable to be even tired

14. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

The tablet I take isn't a true sleeping tablet......they're Oxazepam and more for anxiety, but it helps enough to get me over to sleep usually. Having said that, I took one 3 hours ago and I'm still on here and wide awake....... just as well I work from home and for myself:Doh:

15. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Jura Superstition, Highland Park, Talisker......or Islay.......take your pick:BigGrin:

16. g8ysn

g8ysn Funster

Feeling down

BILL AS U NO ALOT OF US HAVE BEEN THERE [WHERE U R NOW] ALL U CAN DO IS NOT CONSENTRATE ON WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST AS IT HAS NOW GONE TRY TO FOCUS ON THE FUTURE AS ANN TOLD ME WHEN I WAS AT MY LOWEST THIS IS LIFE NOT A REHERSAL GO OUT AND WRITE DOWN ALL your GOOD POINTS AND MAKE THEM HAPPEN
    ALL THE BEST FROM ME AND ANN LOOKING 4 WARDS TO MEETING UP AT A UK [COULD BE SPAIN] MEETING LOL PAT & ANN:thumb::thumb:
    BY THE WAY WE DO SLEEP BETTER IN CAMPER [ESPECIALLY AFTER A FEW VENO,S:Eeek:
    IN GIB WITH FRIENDS

Attached Files: