In the south of France and

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Nirvanauk, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Just saw this mornings local paper Vars Matin. There is a big article on pages one and five about motorhomes in St. Tropez, which looked like the possibility of banning them.
    If anyone one out there could translate that (if you have access too it) I am sure it would be appreciated by all
    Thanks

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

3. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Jim,
    Neither can I so will check the date when I go back for my next caffeine fix.

4. emjaiuk

emjaiuk Funster

5. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

Google Translate says

Lack of public parking reserved, many drivers are parking wherever possible. Between resignation and disappointment, they show their passage through the city of Bailiff

Cars, buses, vans, trucks, two-wheeled motor ... Move and park in Saint-Tropez, in the high season, is never simple. Even when it comes to motorhomes. Great templates that do not have the bailiff in the city area reserved for parking (1).

Advantage of this observation, the elected opposition tropézien Pierre Pepino, want to find solutions. "Historically, no municipality took care of the problem." He added: "The campers, suddenly, stationed along the Avenue Charles de Gaulle, occupying two seats instead of one . Some vehicles registered abroad, even leave without pay elsewhere. '

Of parking spaces that are not adapted to the reception of homes. "There is no drainage. Where they clean their wastewater? "Asks he.

Side movement, many roads are often too narrow to pass large vehicles. "The campers block rue Gambetta. Others engage in street Allard. ". And proposing that pose information boards and signs in several languages ​​to denying them entry into the city stating that he is "not against the campers."

1. The mayor contacted about it, did not react in this regard at the time of this writing.

Maybe we need Frankie for the proper gist of the article.

6. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

I think the gist is that they are gonna get banned.

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

And why not in an old congested town where they are too big.

As far as I know, those two tablets had 10 commandments, it is just a rumour that there was 11: Thou shalt park wherever thou wants to.

• Like Like x 3
  8. stcyr

stcyr Funster

As there are no dedicated parking spaces for MHs in the town many MHs are parking wherever they can. Parking any type of vehicle in the town is never easy in the holiday season, even less so with a MH. Larger vehicles have no dedicated parking area in the town. P.Pepino says: MHs park all along Ave.Ch.de Gaulle, often taking up 2 spaces instead of one. Also, many MHs,often foreign reg.,depart without paying. Car parks are not equipped to cater for MHs - where do they empty their waste water etc.? Regarding circulation of traffic, many streets are too narrow for larger vehicles - MHs block rue Gambetta, others attempt to negotiate rue Allard...
    He suggests installing warning/information signs in various languages outside the town and prohibiting entry to the town centre for large vehicles, while making it clear he is in no way 'anti-MHs' :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  9. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

St. Tropez.....?

Une hole de merde.........:BigGrin:

Why anyone would ever want to go there defeats me. If you want the coast, St. Maxime on t'other side of the bay is just as pleasant, and easier to park in.

• Like Like x 1