If you paid for a satellite dish to be installed would you expect....

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Oriel, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Oriel

Oriel

Travelworld installed our satellite dish and we've now found that it doesn't go to the TV in the bedroom. Would you expect that for a vehicle which has two factory installed TVs that the cable should have been routed to both?

2. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Does you digi box have the ability to support two TV's and did the system you had fitted have two LNB's?

If so then it could have been discussed or brought to your attention. Our standard installation states to one TV point. Running HDMI cables over several meters can be expensive.

Some digi boxes had a "RF" output, which would make adding the second TV easier using the factory installed "aerial cable" but with the demise of analogue TV there is no point so on more modern boxes.

It is some thing that should be discussed as part of the installation, but it doesn't sound as if TravelWorld have charged you for the additional work, which to be fair it is.

Have you asked them?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oriel

Oriel

No Eddie we've not been in contact about this yet. We've got a number of items to sort out with them and I just wanted to get a bit of background information before adding this to the list. I'll have to speak to my husband later about the LNBs (what are LNBs by the way?) and the digi box spec. Obviously if the usual installation is usually, unless specified, to only one TV then that's OK.

My husband and I spent yesterday afternoon routing the cable through the vehicle to the bedroom - as you say its a long job, he had to remove so many panels, microwave, etc, just to feed it through. Luckily I have small hands and slim arms!

• Like Like x 1
  4. zac

zac Funster Life Member

Just wondered how they do this in the Autotrails as i know we have the factory fitted sat installed and it has a point in the bedroom for the satellite as well as at the front of the van. I am assuming that the one in the bedroom would work if i connected a compatible tv, our present one doesnt have this so not tried. The one at the front works fine of course. The dish is underneath a dome so cant see if it has 2 lnbs.

Just curious.....

If it were me i would of course want it working in both areas and not just 1, might of been overlooked.

5. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

On our Hymer this was a £480 option. Certainly not cheap, but I do like to be able to have different channels showing on the two TV's.
    Stef.