Hence posting 🤷‍♀️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Fun and sun seekers love Benidorm, its as simple as that. They have a great time, can't wait to go back and speak highly of it. Those that wish to distance themselves, and by inference wish it to be known they have a superior outlook on touring and holidays, seek to criticise, belittle and condemn it, often without even visiting or having just passed through declare it's 'not for them'. Not sure why it can't all be part of the mix, love lazy French afternoons, like motoring through Norway, enjoy trips to Asia and Africa, enjoy Benidorm, does there always after be a right and wrong, one or the other

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
does there always after be a right and wrong, one or the other
it's about likes and dislikes... not rights or wrongs

Those that wish to distance themselves, and by inference wish it to be known they have a superior outlook on touring and holidays, seek to criticise, belittle and condemn it

Why is it being superior to say you don't like or want to go to Beni... ?

We don't 'do' pubs, clubs, music venues, dancing or karaoke bars at home .. it's just not our thing..did all that in the 60s so why would we do it on holiday with thousands of other boozy Brits ? 🤷‍♂️

Nor do we look for or eat English grub when abroad..

we go abroad to escape the Brit culture of many UK seaside resorts, drunks and louts roaming the streets at night, being sick and fighting .. and that's just the females ..

we go abroad to embrace another culture, to meet people from different countries and to enjoy the local food .. for me, going to Beni would be like going to Blackpool (only with better weather }

So by your definition, because we don't love Beni we are not "Fun and Sun" seekers .. 🤷‍♂️

I hope that explains why we are not and and no intention of being " part of the Beni mix,"

We love Spain, it's culture and the Spanish people... been going there for over 30 years I first visited with my first wife in 1973 ..and not on a package holiday, but by car and camping in a two man tent..

Would you want to visit France, Africa and Asia if it were turned into another Blackpool ?

Thought not..

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Our visit to Beni this trip was purely to see my sister. She went back into hospital today.
Having said that and having just got back from a few hours touristing and walking along the beach front we are really enjoying it.
We do have a giggle at the amount of invalid scooters about.
Last nights sundowners at the sites bar was very busy and pleasant (and they sell the beer/drink in want).
When we had the villa up the road in Busot we came into Beni only on odd occaisions.
We don't mind it in small doses.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We’re on our first trip to Spain in the van since before Covid and thought we’d have a change from Beni. It was a bit last minute and decided to head really south as we’re also going to Portugal. We panicked and bought into the “nowhere to stay, everywhere’s full” so booked 2 weeks on Cabopino which is indeed South , half way between Marbella and Fuengirola.

The campsite is OK but really that’s all I can say that’s positive about the place itself. There’s no town, just a new marina, new houses and apartments. Lidl is 20 mins walk. The seafront walk is pleasant. We’ve walked as far as Mijas and back, 9 miles. Even that’s not much better really.

Find a cheap meal or a cheap drink, you’re having a laugh. Get the bus to Fuengirola. Like a mini Beni.

We feel quite nostalgic for our lovely trips to Beni. I don’t even drink but there’s something for everyone and you don’t have to go far to find a bit of old Spain either by foot, bike, bus, train or car.

Even our Dutch neighbours won’t use their bikes on the roads round here!

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We’re on our first trip to Spain in the van since before Covid and thought we’d have a change from Beni. It was a bit last minute and decided to head really south as we’re also going to Portugal. We panicked and bought into the “nowhere to stay, everywhere’s full” so booked 2 weeks on Cabopino which is indeed South , half way between Marbella and Fuengirola.

The campsite is OK but really that’s all I can say that’s positive about the place itself. There’s no town, just a new marina, new houses and apartments. Lidl is 20 mins walk. The seafront walk is pleasant. We’ve walked as far as Mijas and back, 9 miles. Even that’s not much better really.

Find a cheap meal or a cheap drink, you’re having a laugh. Get the bus to Fuengirola. Like a mini Beni.

We feel quite nostalgic for our lovely trips to Beni. I don’t even drink but there’s something for everyone and you don’t have to go far to find a bit of old Spain either by foot, bike, bus, train or car.

Even our Dutch neighbours won’t use their bikes on the roads round here!
Get in your van and head straight for Beni.
On Villasol there are plenty of places. Even some funsters i'm told.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
If we hadn’t booked and paid for Portugal we’d be tempted especially looking at the weather forecast for next week!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I’ve been extolling the virtues of Benidorm with a Beni thread every time we come Shirl.

I didn’t have the strength or heart to do it this year, but we still had a lovely time.

Let those who decry it carry on. Those who love it will keep coming back, and it’s their company we’ll continue to enjoy on the terraces and in the bars, restaurants and tapas bars we all know about.

Safe trip home girls, and thanks for your company.
The only ones that moan are the old farts who are to old for Fun now Ger 🤣
We enjoyed the month there but our site was a bit tight as you know also we wanted to spend some time in Albir & Altea👍

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
The only ones that moan are the old farts who are to old for Fun now Ger 🤣
We enjoyed the month there but our site was a bit tight as you know also we wanted to spend some time in Albir & Altea👍
I don’t care what others think - as long as we enjoy the company of those that are there, that’s all that counts!

I think the pitch we’ve booked for next year will be just big enough for the van and Quest!

Enjoy France :wink:. We’re in Valdepeñas tonight, heading to Burgos and religious relic hunting tomorrow - see I can do things other than eat, drink, dance, karaoke, play the uke and generally have FUN!

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018

We’re here now and spent a lovely 2 weeks, leaving tomorrow to go up north and home 🥲

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We’re here now and spent a lovely 2 weeks, leaving tomorrow to go up north and home 🥲
Ditto. We are on the bottom line nearest the road.
Also leaving tomorrow for 2 nights in Andorra.
1st time on this site, love it.
In the clubhouse last night alone (early doors) as madam was knackered from our long walk to and on the see front.
1st time in that indoor market for decades.

Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013

We don't 'do' pubs, clubs, music venues, dancing or karaoke bars at home .. it's just not our thing..did all that in the 60s so why would we do it on holiday with thousands of other boozy Brits ? 🤷‍♂️

we go abroad to escape the Brit culture of many UK seaside resorts, drunks and louts roaming the streets at night, being sick and fighting .. and that's just the females ..

we go abroad to embrace another culture, to meet people from different countries and to enjoy the local food .. for me, going to Beni would be like going to Blackpool (only with better weather }

So by your definition, because we don't love Beni we are not "Fun and Sun" seekers .. 🤷‍♂️

I hope that explains why we are not and and no intention of being " part of the Beni mix,"

We love Spain, it's culture and the Spanish people... been going there for over 30 years I first visited with my first wife in 1973 ..and not on a package holiday, but by car and camping in a two man tent..

Would you want to visit France, Africa and Asia if it were turned into another Blackpool ?

Thought not..

Very well said 👏

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

Thought not..
You'd like Benidorm old town, very Spanish.

Loads of foreigners and strange food, not for me 😆

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
You dont have to go far to experience the beauty of Benidorm. The Spanish fiestas with the parades are beautiful with a great sense of how they celebrate their culture. In the Old Town the church and the castle and the lovely tapas bars with the friendly waiters and waitresses. Yes it can be noisy, I think the Spanish tend to talk loud but that is how they are. Not far away is Albia and Altea again beautiful places.
View attachment 877929
View attachment 877938View attachment 877940View attachment 877939View attachment 877938View attachment 877946View attachment 877947

We were watching them climb the church ready to put the flowers round the door. Then we got blocked off by the procession 🙄
20240316_182716.jpg
20240316_184214.jpg

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
He's great isnt he. We saw him when we were in Beni. He's doing a uk tour, going to Doncaster of all places :laughing:

Yes he was pushing his UK tour, places and dates. We really enjoyed his show,but would it be the same seeing him in Skeggie,the closest show to us ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back