Iatp Award to mavis for Asbestos Awareness (1 Viewer)

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Can I show you this as so many friend on here no me and have been behind me in my battle with mesothelioma.
The batteries in our camera went so I have rerecorded the speech over my Pictures watch to the end as its my son singing and he grabbed me Sat and said Mum Im so proud of you I just didnt know you spoke like this with such passion
hankies ready ?????:cry::cry::cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4xlHyuPbY0&feature=youtu.be

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
well done mavis:thumb:
you deserve your award for your tireless work you have done bringing this terrible disease to the attention of us all:thumb:
keep fighting,although i dont need to say that as you are the strongest woman i have ever met,so i know you will never give up:thumb:
say hello to ray from me,and tell him to get a shave:roflmto:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Well done Mavis. You continue to be an inspiration to us all.

Looking forward to catching up with you and Ray in a field somewhere some time soon!

Love
Dane & Hazel
xx xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Well Done lass you deserve a medal.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Thing is when we were young an foolish we worked with asbestos an other harmful ( as we now know it to be ) materials and never thought anything about, problem is now that as people are found to have some sort of disease
the companies we worked for have long gone so no comeback on them is there.:Angry::Angry::Angry:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Thing is when we were young an foolish we worked with asbestos an other harmful ( as we now know it to be ) materials and never thought anything about, problem is now that as people are found to have some sort of disease
the companies we worked for have long gone so no comeback on them is there.:Angry::Angry::Angry:
it was ray that worked with asbestos in the shipyards,mavis got the disease from washing rays work wear,although no body can blame ray as he didn't know it was dangerous,nobody did back then.:Sad:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

I am no expert on this but there is sometimes some comeback. If the defunct company was insured at the time anyone came into contact with the stuff then there is hope. Defunct companies can be reinstated just so that they can be sued.

As I say, I am no expert but there are plenty of experts out there :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We are very proud of you too Mavis :Smile: We look forward to seeing you both and Louis when we get back in May. Take care, Jane, Bob and Izzy :hug:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It killed my old man at just 64. He was fit, but started struggling with his breathing. Went to the doc and they diagnosed mesothelioma and gave him six months live, he died six months later.

It's a horrible disease.

Diagnosed, most of us would say "why me" then go to bed and wait to die. Mavis, you did the opposite, you have fought it and helped and inspired others. you are a true star. I look forward to meeting you again at Peterborough. Take care xx

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Fantastic Mavis! You are a woman of courage and your family will be so proud of you. I look forward to meeting you before too long. :Smile:

Ivy

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
I will be at Peterborough with you all.
Jim your story is so true the common signs.
I had spent 2 months in Spain came back and went to vote in Council elections after having an Xray. I couldnt walk and breath and laid over a car.
Got home and My doc rang and said get to hospital I have booked you a bed NOW!!!
They took out 5 litres of fluid from my lung. 2 Lemonade bottles. It had bent my diaphragm.
I have had 3 chemo lines and I will have a 4th when needed.
Jim they are finding women are living longer and that needs investigating --is that due to the pill???
Chris is right Im a secondary case that they recognize now and i washed rays clothes when he came home from work at the dockyard.
If a company has gone the government in 2008 set up a fund for people like that and people like me that have secondary exposure.
Im so proud of this weekend. I have another award coming to me in March but I couldnt fly in case my Lung collapsed and my doc said why rock the boat so Linda Reinstein who was awarded by IATP --videoed me receiving the Alan Reinstein Award and she will show that in the USA. Now im exhausted and will have to come back to earth :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
By the way that is my son singing elvis in the background another reason to be so proud :Blush::Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back