Hymer S660 (1 Viewer)

C

Claff1

Deleted User
Hi All

Just bought a 1988 Hymer s660 automatic and have no power coming to brake light switch. Can anyone help me locate and identify fuse, if one exists .

Also indicator for gear selection not working

Help please

Claff1

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Claff1,

I have a 1987 automatic Hymer 660... (a thing of great beauty and source of immense pleasure to me)

I too had no gear selector light. It was a fuse which is shared with the horn on mine. It just needed the contacts cleaning. Sadly my Hymer lives in Portugal (together with its manual). If the horn works but the selector light doesn't then you have a different fault (or wiring to mine)

There are two fuse boxes... one on the left of the dashboard and one on the right which hinges down from under the dash. If I remember correctly the right hand one controls the vehicle while the other is for the living area. If your eyes still work ok they have little pictures by each fuse.

I also have a bit of the Hymer manual on file and a scanned photocopy of the original brochure (in German) if you are interested.

OP
OP
C

Claff1

Deleted User
S660

Thank you jjwagon

That clears up the horn not working as well
Will have a look tomorrow but your'e right about good eyesight needed

I got a copy of original manual from Hymer thanks anyway.
Sounds like you know the ins and outs of the s660 so I might come begging again!

Thanks again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
No problem Claff1... you are welcome any time...
Where are you based?
I have a dream of trying to source second hand classic Hymer spares from Germany (where I suspect there are many) as the dealers over here are obviously and understandably more interested in servicing more modern vehicles.

OP
OP
C

Claff1

Deleted User
re

Based in Ireland so I'll probably have fun sourcing parts too- mechanical parts should be ok as a lot of mercedes dealers around
If I find www I'll let you know!

Regards
Claff1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back