Hymer rear light covers ? (1 Viewer)

Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Good evening campers. Now i'm sure there will be a smart Hymerian out there that might actually know, who the maker of these lights are
😇
. We are after the red one, trying to see if we can cut the middle man out and go direct to the supplier, who i'm guessing may be in Germany. Look forward to your replies. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_4713.JPG
    IMG_4713.JPG
    961.3 KB · Views: 47

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Good evening campers. Now i'm sure there will be a smart Hymerian out there that might actually know, who the maker of these lights are
😇
. We are after the red one, trying to see if we can cut the middle man out and go direct to the supplier, who i'm guessing may be in Germany. Look forward to your replies. TIA

A bit pricey aren't they? and that was the cheaper supplier. :Eeek:
Brownhills want £420 !!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
It is one complete unit comprising top and bottom lens and bulb holders and reflectors. I will see if I can find where I obtained it.
Mine was the offside/rh and once I fitted the new one I repaired the broken unit which was cracked on the top.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yep a single unit made by Hella but you can only buy them from Hymer..
My lights are the single height ones, UK price £275 I got one in Germany for €135.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Yep a single unit made by Hella but you can only buy them from Hymer..
My lights are the single height ones, UK price £275 I got one in Germany for €135.
Hi Lenny did you purchase it from Hymer in Germany ? Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi Lenny did you purchase it from Hymer in Germany ? Cheers
Dealer in cologne, I damaged it in Germany first dealer I emailed had one in stock.
A few years ago with my last van I cracked a rear light, I left it until I was in France stopped first Hymer dealer on route they had one in stock similar price, even offer to give me a hand fitting it.

OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Dealer in cologne, I damaged it in Germany first dealer I emailed had one in stock.
A few years ago with my last van I cracked a rear light, I left it until I was in France stopped first Hymer dealer on route they had one in stock similar price, even offer to give me a hand fitting it.
Thanks Lenny I will give them a ring to see if they can help (y)

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Needed to change a taillight bulb today, same set up as the original picture of this thread. 5 screws popped out easily, one just will not come out! It turns (without moving outwards) but something won’t let go. Given the cost of these things I’m reticent to try any sort of force. It’s the bottom right one of the clear lens in the picture. Any ideas what I might try next? A neighbour suggested drilling it out but a bit nervous about that.
Thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Sounds like the thread is stripped as they screw into threaded bushes, Try pulling the light unit off while turning it.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
One unit includes reflectors and bulb holders , cost me around £200 through Hymer dealer Becks now closed, who ordered direct from Hymer I believe.
I did repair my damaged (rh) unit which was broken at the top which is a painted (inside) area so repaired with filler and re sprayed.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Needed to change a taillight bulb today, same set up as the original picture of this thread. 5 screws popped out easily, one just will not come out! It turns (without moving outwards) but something won’t let go. Given the cost of these things I’m reticent to try any sort of force. It’s the bottom right one of the clear lens in the picture. Any ideas what I might try next? A neighbour suggested drilling it out but a bit nervous about that.
Thanks
Probably thread into bodywork is stripped , I would gently lever the unit while undoing the screw making sure you pad area of body where leverage is used . Drilling is risky as one slip and it’s broken.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Thank you. I tried to leverage it whilst turning but was unsure whether I was doing the right thing so didn’t really have a good go at it. Having read both your comments about a stripped thread I’ll try again tomorrow (y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you. I tried to leverage it whilst turning but was unsure whether I was doing the right thing so didn’t really have a good go at it. Having read both your comments about a stripped thread I’ll try again tomorrow (y)
When attempting to lever remember that unit could be stuck to body through constant contact over time so ease gently all round.
Good luck.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Larry. I’ve been gardening all day so having a break, will watch the relegation battles later then tackle it when it’s a bit cooler. 🤞

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
The damn thing just will not come out. I have tried easing it whilst someone else trying to unscrew and it just will not give a cm. I’m really reticent to drill so I’ll be contacting the garage who services/mot’s it to see what they can do. I just know if I try again I’ll be cracking it.
Thanks though for the suggestions and the prompt replies guys, much appreciated.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Worth considering a screw extractor set , cheap enough to buy. Drill a small hole in centre of screw and remover will help to pull and turn on screw.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back