Hymer overcab bed curtain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Forestboy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

On the weekend one of the struts on my overcab bed blew and the curtain around the bed has a really bad oil stain. Tried sliding it back and forth but it wont budge.
    Question
    Has anyone actually taken the curtain out and if so how did you do it ?
    Thanks

PS took the strut off an hour ago and ordered new ones from SGS Engineering Ltd great service helpful staff be here tomorrow

2. bungy

bungy Funster

havent got a clue about the curtain...other than cover the rest of it in oil as well to balance it all out...(y)

but...id be rethinking the leccie bikes, sounds like the exercise is needed:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Forestboy

Now listen you; if I'd wanted daft suggestions I'd have contacted you directly and not bothered with the forum. :p:p

Leccie bike pick em up tomorrow. :) wish we'd had them in the New Forest last few days cycle tracks everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Er... if its like ours the curtain has a plastic edge rail around it that is simply pressed into a platic u rail, start at the end and just pull away from the rail and then press back in once washed. Once you start you should see how simple it realy is :whistle:

Best of luck Richard

• Like Like x 1
  5. Forestboy

Thats the one brilliant thanks. Didn't like to force it as I have a habit of breaking things

6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

When we decided ours needed a wash it was a b*gg&r to get off. A bit of silicone spray and warming with a hairdryer to make the plastic a bit more flexible helped. Ours is not Hymer but a similar arrangement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Oil stains should be pretreated using a solvent-based stain removal product. If you don't have a solvent-based pretreater, apply heavy-duty liquid detergent to the stain and work it in by gently rubbing. Patience is key. Allow the pretreater to work for at least ten minutes to loosen stains before washing.

After pretreatment, wash in the hottest water appropriate for the fabric using the recommended amount of detergent for a regular load. Inspect before drying and repeat treatment if necessary. Do not put an oily stained article into the dryer. The heat will set the stain deeper and make it very difficult to remove.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forestboy

Thanks

9. 1Oll

1Oll Read Only Funster

Fifteen or so years ago I carried a curry back from our local takeaway. Unfortunately it leaked in the box and from that onto my jacket, shirt, trousers and trainers. I popped them into a hot wash but they were still covered in grease. Three or more washes and they didn't change. I was spraying some WD40 onto my sons cycle and I had really black greasy hands from the chain. The grease just ran off my hands. It worked perfectly on my clothes and trainers . Since then I've used it to remove greasy stains by spraying leaving tightly rolled for a few minutes to minimise evaporation, then a suitable temperature wash for the fabric. May take a few attempts. To play safe try putting some of the oil onto a similar fabric and then test with WD40, before risking your valuable curtain.
    Good Luck.

• Like Like x 1