hymer layouts

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by walburga, Oct 27, 2009.

1. walburga

walburga Funster

I'm thinking of changing the motorhome and at present looking at the Hymer 644 G on an Alko chassis. I've also seen (on the net) a Hymer 614, which looks similar to the 644 but apparently with the habitation door on the 'wrong' side. Can anyone confirm my assumptions, and better still, has anyone got one (644 or 614) for sale ?

regards

Allen

2. derekfaeberwick

derekfaeberwick Read Only Funster

3. walburga

walburga Funster

Hi derek
    I've seen that site, but there's no mention of the 614.

Allen

4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

It depends somewhat on the year, but from around 2002 onwards, they were both very similar. 644G and 614 were both available with an L-shape settee, but I believe only the 644 was available with a dinette. In some years, only one of the model numbers was shown in the catalogues. I believe the 614 had a slightly larger shower room, whilst the 644 had a swing-wall version. Both had rear transverse beds above a large garage, and a kitchen on the right.
    Regarding a habitation door on the 'wrong' side, the standard was on the right (Euro near-side) and if on the UK near-side I can only assume it was a 'special' or the web site where you saw it has flipped the picture left to right by mistake.

Philip

5. walburga

walburga Funster

It's the L-shape lounge that I'm looking for, as well as other things. The Alko chassis with it's double floor is a bonus. I'm not too bothered which side of the van the habitation door is situated. This is good news as it looks like the 614 is also an option.

Allen

6. sniperfox36

sniperfox36 Read Only Funster

talbot exspress 1300d 1991

has anyone ever owened one? good and bad points please:Smile: