Hymer Exsis T 588 fitted bed linen - any tips

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by ruthiebabe, Aug 17, 2016.

1. ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe Funster

Hi, we have the Hymer Exsis-T 588 with 2 single beds and infill cushions to make a large double. Has anyone with the same model any tips on fitted bed linen, its a nightmare:

Single bed parts are only 80 m wide and one is split to lift up, with the bottom part (under feet) tapered
    Infill cushions - 1 permanent on upper half, plus additional infill cushion (between the 2 sets of fett, not shown on diagram

currently using cheap fitted single bed sheets and folding round but they are rather baggy

I would like stretchy ones and have looked at the Hymer online accessories shop but it's a nightmare working out which are the correct ones - they don't specify model and they could be wrong - no contact form or anything to ask advice

Any owner out there solved it?

TIA, Ruth

RM_Exsis-t588LS_Fiat_MJ15_030614_RZ.f6448052.png

2. Jenben

Jenben Funster

Hi Ruth, we have a Hymer Exsis I578 which looks to have a similar bed arrangement at the back. We managed to find small single fitted sheets (narrower) which seem to fit well although there is still a baggy bit in the cut out corner. I could solve that with a bit of elastic tbh. I have made my own covers for the infill cushions.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

Have you tried IKEA?
    Their bed/mattresses are not UK standard sizes - just might find something suitable.

Or do you know of a seamstress, or alteration service - might be able to alter a standard sheet cheaper than getting bespoke MH ones.

Jonic ???

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

We have a i678 same bed layout, bought some standard sheets and elastic and made two sets of fitted sheets to fit, had to do it myself as wife couldn't be bothered.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

Try multiple fitted baby's cot sheets. Cheap as chips on eBay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Lot lover

Lot lover Funster

Wow, I'm not surprised that you are struggling to find something to fit :LOL:.

Suggest that you search French websites e.g. leboncoin.fr for "drap-housse 80 x 190" there seem to be loads or other lengths as needed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe Funster

Thanks all, it's a pain as I don't like white or cream in the van, risk of getting grubby quicker!

8. Jenben

Jenben Funster

We were the same, I have gone for a jolly Satsuma colour on our beds which are the same as yours ! I didn't have any old single sheets and so bought one from a charity shop for 20p to use as a template to work out what to do.

Lots of other colours are available in a small sized single or flat sheet that you can simply hem and add elastic to deal with the corners.

9. Lot lover

Lot lover Funster

They cannot get any dirtier any quicker but as usual with wimmin it's appearances that matter.

10. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

Try http://www.jonic-uk.co.uk/ they do made to measure and reasonable price too.

11. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Have a look at those made for static caravans as the single beds are often narrower than domestic beds.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1