Hymer ebay scams (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Try Googling krprestige.co.uk. You'll notice he's done it many times before. He uses the "atd" prefix but a different number each time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Try Googling krprestige.co.uk. You'll notice he's done it many times before. He uses the "atd" prefix but a different number each time.
So he has, and each advert has been removed by ebay, signs of a truly dependable dealer! :D

Deleted User
They get you to deal outside of Ebay and persuade you to pay for the vehicle in advance on the promise that your payment is protected until you are happy with the vehicle - and that's the last you hear from them.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
They get you to deal outside of Ebay and persuade you to pay for the vehicle in advance on the promise that your payment is protected until you are happy with the vehicle - and that's the last you hear from them.

Sounds dodgy. Suppose someone might fall for it otherwise he wouldn't keep trying.

Deleted User
I was a little bored the other day and searched ebay for newly listed motorhomes under £15000 and within 5 minutes had found over 60 scam adverts. The scams are quite easy to spot as the vehicles are grossly under priced, the seller asks you for your phone number and if you click on 'see other items' you will find numerous top end cars and mini digger/excavators for sale approx. £4k - £5.
In the past I have reported these scams to Ebay but have realised that it is pointless. In general if you report an advert first thing in the morning it won't be removed until late in the evening and within a couple of hours the same ad is posted back on Ebay.

Deleted User
Sounds dodgy. Suppose someone might fall for it otherwise he wouldn't keep trying.
Sadly it has happened several times, just try looking on google for ebay motorhome scams

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
I saw the Hymer ads mentioned and sent the seller a message via eBay 'Scammer'.
I normally do this, sometimes I have got messages back from the account holder asking what I'm on about, it appears their account has been hacked and were not even aware of the ad. It's a shame eBay don't police it better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back