1. Our Classifieds are free to subscribers
    For help in listing an item or for marking it SOLD please see this help file

PLEASE EXCERCISE DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE PARTING WITH MONEY
    MotorhomeFun cannot vouch for the honesty of members. 

PLEASE DO NOT BUMP 'FOR SALE" THREADS or they will be removed.

SOLD Hymer B680 Starline 'S' 2015.

Discussion in 'Motorhomes for sale' started by StefAndDi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

I have decided that, due to health issues, I will sell the Hymer and cease motorhoming.

I plan to offer it for sale at the beginning of December, but thought that it may be useful to make a preliminary announcement now to test the water.

I purchased the vehicle, which is right hand drive, new from Premier Motorhomes on 18th March this year. The mileage is just over 4,000.

The base vehicle is Mercedes Benz, powered by the 3-litre V6 (190hp) (Euro 6) engine with 7G Tronic automatic transmission with rear wheel drive with twin rear wheels. The maximum permitted mass is 5,300Kg and the payload is 964Kg. The length is 8 metres.

The internal layout is twin beds over a large garage, which has access doors on both sides. We chose to delete the drop-down bed in the lounge to give greatly increased headroom, more light, and additional storage cupboards. There is a washroom featuring a ceramic toilet and cool glass sink and a separate shower room. The kitchen worktop is a solid Corian-type material with a large circular bowl and domestic quality mixer tap. There is a TEC-Tower with oven/grill and a 160 litre fridge with separate freezer.

The lounge upholstery is finished in full Pebble leather and the table is extendable and multi-positional, allowing up to 7 people to dine. The cab glazing is insulated and the windscreen shutter is electricity operated.

Power is supplied by three 95Ah leisure batteries and two 150 watt solar panels.
    There is a 1800W inverter and Alde water heater with heat exchanger. There are 15 convectors, heating the garage, external lockers and double floor.

Additional equipment, mostly factory-fit, includes roof rack and ladder, towbar with removable towball, 5.5 metre awning, Oyster 85cm satellite dish, Phantom Gemini alarm system, Tracker Locate, electronic floor safe, televisions in both bedroom and lounge working independently of each other, spare wheel, Double Din twin lens reversing camera and much more.

If interested, please message me for any additional information or photographs. As stated, I will formally offer the vehicle for sale in a months time. My asking price will depend on the advice of my dealer, but I would expect it to be in the region of £90K.

Thanks for reading.

Stef.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Very sad to read this Stef, it's a beautiful motorhome..

I do wish you well and hope you have a successful sale..

• Like Like x 2
  3. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

A real shame..I'm in the same situation. Good luck with the sale its a cracking van!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

I was shocked and saddened to read this Stef, good luck with the sale, and best wishes to you and Di

• Like Like x 2
  5. Clarky

Clarky Funster

That sounds like a cracking van. I would be devastated to be selling something like that so soon.
    Hope you get a decent price for it and that the future is bright for you both.

Richard.

• Like Like x 2
  6. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

Thank you all for your kind comments. Please don't read too much into this as far as 'health issues' is concerned. I don't want to make it sound too dramatic.
    The problem (or at least the problem I am aware of) is my eye sight. As I mentioned in a recent thread, I had eye surgery three years ago, and my sight seems to deteriorate almost by the day.
    At first I was concerned that the medical which I have to pass at age 70 may be a problem. It's now got to the point where I am questioning if I should be driving at all, certainly in such a large vehicle.
    It's time to put personal pride to one side. I've been driving for almost 50 years and have never had an endorsement or penalty point in that time. I now need to man up before I do someone some damage.
    Facing up to reality is going to cost me an awful lot of money but is preferable to the possible alternative.
    Stef.

• Like Like x 28
  7. Mel

Mel Funster

Sorry to read this.

I wish you all the best in whatever you do.
    Someone will get a very nice MH .

Mel

• Like Like x 2
  8. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

What a brave and considerate attitude(y)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Very best of luck, it is a wonderful van

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast Funster

best of luck
    D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

I empathise with you on the eyesight problem although mine was only operated in one eye which arrested the problem and the other is ok. It did however lead to the loss of my C1 entitlement which was quite a loss.
    Good luck with your sale and with your health .

• Like Like x 4
  12. Hotelman

Hotelman Funster

What a shame , I wanted to 'like' your post but that would be unappropirate, good luck.

• Like Like x 4
  13. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

Thanks again to you all for your kind words of support.

@Larrynwin. I found your post particularly helpful. You see, and I didn't say this before, my surgery was also on only one eye. The fact that you experienced the same as me and ended up losing your C1 entitlement reinforces my feeling that I am doing the right thing.
    Stef.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Judge Mental

Life still goes on at 3500kg believe me! I lost C1 over 20 years ago due to going on insulin due to diabetes. OK you can't drag something as big as a flat around, but you can still follow the sun and have wonderful holidays. There is a handful of lightweight A class around now that fit the bill.....

• Like Like x 6
  15. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

@Judgemental

Good point, and that was my initial thought.
    The Hymer MLI in one of its 3500Kg formats looked to be a possible replacement.
    However, when I added spec to bring it up towards what we're used to it was going to cost me pretty much what my Starline is worth.
    And, with respect to any Funsters who have the MLI, it wouldn't be a match for the 680.
    As I confided to another Funster recently, I think our next leisure vehicle will travel very slowly, and on water!
    Stef.

Edit.
    Reading that back I don't like the way that it sounds as though I'm putting down folks who have smaller or less expensive vehicles than mine. That is certainly not the case. Instead of using the words "wouldn't be a match" I should have said "wouldn't be a fair comparison". Sorry for any offence which my words may have caused.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

@StefAndDi My op was a trabeculectomy in the left eye to relieve pressure and arrest the onset of glaucoma. The op was successful albeit a small amount of damage had been done in the centre top area of vision but that is compensated for by the fact my right eye is perfect and adequate to pass the tests had they been correctly carried out in the first place.
    I have annual checkups and all still ok so if things remain as they are I will continue driving albeit with a 3500kg limit.
    If you have one good eye that should cover adequately for the other one to enable you to drive .
    If your consultant considered your eyesight inadequate for driving , I believe he would be obliged to notify DVLA .
    Might be worth down sizing before you reach renewal if you are really concerned.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Judge Mental

MIRO of single bed MIL over 3000 kg? By the time you add a few essentials (note the essentials) cant see this having a hope in hell of working as 3500

as I said earlier there are A class round with a MIRO of around 2800. so yo can add 200kg of extras and still have a practical 500 kg payload. I really think you have to adjust your expectations and get realistic or get the boat:)

"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." -- Henry Miller

18. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Lovely looking van - saw it when we met Stef and Di at the Truro meet in September. Very well specced to. It will be a great van for somebody else now Stef has decided he wants to quit. Must admit I was interested when Stef first told me what he was thinking of doing, but it is just a bit too big for us and no drop down beds for the grandkids when they get a bit older.

Good luck Stef in whatever you decide to do. And keep in touch with us all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. parknride

parknride Funster

Big sensible but sad decision. Good luck with your sale and new mode of travelling(y)

• Like Like x 1
  20. makems

makems Funster Life Member

I have eyesight problems and can no longer drive at all (blurred vision in right from scar tissue due to frequent corneal ulcers and central serous retinothopy in the left eye causing a major central blind spot).
    I have a 5t 9m Burstner Elegance.
    My solution?
    My wife drives it and has driven our motorhomes for the last 6 years all over Europe and Morocco.

• Like Like x 7