Hymer B584 Roof Skylight/Vent replacement... (1 Viewer)

BeeSea

Free Member
May 8, 2014
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
A couple of years...France/Spain/Portugal and Blighty
Our B584's 14'X14' square skylight/vent is ageing and the plastic is brittle and breaking needing replacement. Had anyone replaced theirs recently??...Any comments on the Van-Tastic fan option??..Who was the supplier/installer??

Thank you :)

Vouty

Free Member
Oct 9, 2012
West midlands
Funster No
MH
hymer s630
Exp
New
I replaced ours with a Heki mini - for me its the best as its clear domwe so lets in lots of light, allows us to gaze at stars in bed, and has built in mozzy and blackout blinds. It can also be locked into a travelling position which ventilates the back of our van when we're moving which my 9 year old golden retriever appreciates :) Cost me about 120 quid all in including the caravan window mastic to seal it down. I did need to enlarge the hole ever so slightly with a file though.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi ,I have replaced the normal 40 x 40mm vents on more than one occasion with the Omnivent you should be able to do it all from inside the van without the need of getting on the roof ,or drilling if that’s what you mean.

Your entire screws can I believe be undone from inside, once done push up old vent to break the seal, and lift vent back through.

Then through the opening you can then clean off all residues on the roof.

Butter up the new vent with sealant of your choice, I use sikaflex, pass new vent carefully up though the opening and into place. Then secure fixing screws from inside (6-8)

Some people don’t fasten down tightly right away but let the flex go of overnight and tighten the next day.

Job done :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back