Hymer 660s advice

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rambojonjay64, Jan 8, 2012.

1. rambojonjay64

rambojonjay64 Read Only Funster

hi all having just gone from a veedub LT to a Hymer 660s i,m wondering what to wash the exterior of the van with(its quite grubby)?any suggestions on cleaning fluids?also anyone got any details of whereabouts i can get spare parts for my motorhome ie the interior?i,m wondering if my motorhome has had the grill/oven removed as there is'nt one fitted,the hob is there ,maybe i could buy another grill/oven if i could sorce one,we definately need one ha ha! regards RJJ :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  2. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Hi and :welcome: ...

There's usually loads of Hymer parts on ebay - go to motorhome spares, type 'hymer' in the box ...

:thumb:

3. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Forgot: Hymers and in fact most continental MHs don't have ovens and grills fitted ...

4. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

We have'nt got an oven in our Hymer 584, quite a few Hymers dont, we are als looking to have one fitted,

5. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hymer 660s, is a super van, produced in the 80's and 90's you will be pleased with it. An oven and grill were not fitted as standard. Early models had a fixed black tank and marine type toilet, later ones had a cassette. I wonder if yours still has the generator fitted as many have been removed over the years. There are a numbe rof members with that model. but only JJ comes to mind. so he will no doubt be able to answer any other queries. Supurb engine often good for a million miles, fuel consumption around 17-18mpg. The older models are the best ones, enjoy it.

6. rambojonjay64

thanks for all your replies,Wildman ,yes the generator still there and working,its getting serviced next week,fantastic bit of kit and super ideal for when we wildcamp!its a fantastic motorhome,bit slow on the hills ,but its got a lot of home comforts(apart from a grill ha ha)we wanted an A class,and this one was within our budget,having had a look around i was amazed at the prices of motorhomes,a lot of money,i need to win the lottery :BigGrin:

7. JJ

JJ Funster

I wash mine (1987 660) (no oven or grill) with normal car wash/polish stuff (Turtle something) and polish it with Mer...

Plan to have it really gleaming for Marjal but as this meet is only a couple of months away I might not have enough time... :Wink:

JJ :Cool:

PS. What year is your Hymer?

Attached Files:

8. rambojonjay64

hi JJ thanks ,ya van looks great,its a 1989,the van needs a good scrub inside and out,excellent pic of the grub ha ha :Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  9. JJ

JJ Funster

By the way R.J.J. ... you should know that it is a well known FACT that those Hymer Onan, push button start, on-board generators are Extremely Dangerous and have been known to cause severe injury and damage to both the occupants and the vehicle...

DO NOT DESPAIR...

...As a fellow Funster, I will do you a big favour and remove it from your Hymer AT NO CHARGE TO YOU and store it safely in a special cupboard I have currently sitting empty....

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. eric 83

eric 83 Read Only Funster

You can make them a little easier to drive(not as droney and a bit faster )by fitting a gearbox off one of the smaller vans,i cant remember which one at the minute but i can find out if reqd.:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  11. veevee

veevee Funster

yes please!

12. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I wouldn't bother with a fitted oven, get a Halogen oven, you can grill roast and toast in it, we use one all the time and just use the conventional oven to store the Halogen one in. :thumb:

13. rambojonjay64

tell me more eric!its got to be cheaper than replacing the engine ha ha RJJ