Hymer 534 rear lounge and rad filler

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Justavagabond, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Justavagabond

Justavagabond Read Only Funster

Hi there
    I've changed from caravans to a 1989 hymermobile on a fiat chassis, it's the one with the grey grill with 'Hymer' apertures. I have limited paperwork with the van and am restoring the 'improvements made by the previous owner. The U shaped rear seats currently have (what I assume is DIY thin plywood bases). Does anyone know what they should be like? I'm guessing slats like a caravan. Second qusetion may be daft, but the radiator header tank cap is a few mm below the underside of the soundproofed ply dash, how do you top up water? Thanks in advance for any insights.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Cant help regarding the under bed, but the header tank is the same on all the older Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot chassis. Its a pain to see if it needs topping up and the only way I have found is by sticking your finger in when cold. The only way to top up is by a hosepipe or piece of hose attached to a watering can. I suppose if you cant live with that you could move it to a lower place.

3. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

hi, i have a 1996 534 [the next shape] but a similar layout and the seat bases on that are only plywood and as far as i can see are totally original . the drop down table provides the strength for the bed when it is required so they dont really need to be anything more substantial . garry

4. JJ

JJ Funster

I believe Greyman1 is right...

I have a 1987 Hymer... plywood seat bases... I don't think the idea of sliding out slats came until later...

JJ :Cool:

5. frogijock

frogijock Funster

Had a 89 hymer and the plywood bases to lounge seats is standard