Huawei mobile wifi

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by abforfun, Sep 15, 2014.

1. abforfun

abforfun Funster

Just purchased a Huawei mobile wifi mainly as we were advised by Currys this would be the best way of keeping in touch when we hopefully go to Morrocco as we only have pretty basic phones and an iPad. Anyone got any feedback on them.

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

there are internet cafe,s all over the place in morocco. and cheap.
    they are well in front of us on computers .
    is it unlocked and able to take local sim?

3. tambo

tambo Read Only Funster

I have a Huawei mobile broadband for my laptop on the 3 network I pay £8 a month for it ......its the only broadband Internet I have with exception of my mobile phone

Used it in france in July worked great

4. abforfun

abforfun Funster

Where do you purchase those

5. tambo

tambo Read Only Funster

I bought mine directly from 3 ....I've had it around 6 or 7 years now I think

6. Eamless

Eamless Funster

I bought a 4g unlocked E5372 from amazon. I also picked up a huawei MIMO aerial to stick on my window to improve signal strength. . Even works as a router from PC on wifi. Great bit of kit. 3G are considerably cheaper but I went for the future proof.

7. DonA4000

DonA4000 Funster

I have one find them quite good and a just buy a preloaded sim (3) from amazon 3gb data to last 3 months £20 then just throw it away and get another sim ;)

8. homercostello

homercostello Funster

great bit of kit i now dont have to rely on camp site wifi and pay their charges. Also feel more secure not having to share a public wifi.

9. makems

makems Funster Life Member

I used a Huawei 5776 mifi all over Morocco last year.
    I bought it when they were on offer at Currys/PC World following a tip off on this forum.
    3G data is pretty good all over Morocco with Maroc Telecom. The only problem we had was parked up at Tagazhoute beach along with 300 other Motorhomes when the network was just overwhelmed by the number of people trying to use it.
    I have a booster aerial similar to this http://www.amazon.co.uk/External-An..._sbs_ce_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=04KA2SGY869JGWB2891V
    This works quite well and makes the difference sometimes between having one bar and 5 bars showing on the signal strength indicator on the mifi. It also has the TS9 connector required by the mifi and a long enouGh cable to stick it on the roof and still have the mifi inside. I'm sure there are better antenna but this one works for me.
    We usually make our first stop in Morocco at Asilah which is only a short hop from Tanger Med and where there are a couple of guardian parking spots. There is a large Maroc telecom shop on the main through road but there can be quite a queue of motorhomes wanting to get their data and phone SIMS.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sally47

sally47 Funster

Did away with home broadband and had a iPad from three 24 month contract that worked out at 600 pounds price of a iPad then so to me I've had two years free internet contract ended last month got a huawei from three 15gb at 15 pounds a month and it's brilliant very fast and been all round Scotland last couple of weeks and had signal all the time hope this helps someone

11. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi all, Sorry to hijack your thread but I am curious as to the delights of Morocco what attracts so many motorhomers to this country ? apart from the obvious climate

12. vwalan

vwalan Funster

climate , prices . spirit of adventure . it is africa . new things to see different culture . mind thats changing fast.
    but as you have said . weather thats as good as a good uk summer all winter .
    apart from november rains and march april the trade winds cause sand storms . but being in one is a good experiance .
    having been visiting it since 1976 in campers i can say its really changing fast these days .
    its a bit love it or hate it .

• Like Like x 1
  13. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Just search on Morocco. There are at least 2 mega threads from the 2013, 2014 FUNster attacks on Morocco.

• Like Like x 1
  14. abforfun

abforfun Funster

Sally 47, we went up the east coast of Scotland across the top and then onto Lewis, Harris and Skye and after dunbeath got no connection until Loch Lomond

15. champers

champers Funster Life Member

As Mike said above, but ensure you have the "Data" sim card and not as they first gave us ... the "phone" sim card , think they were overwhelmed to see such a large queue when we visited with them, 17 vans all wanting wifi sim cards at the same time ......lolol it was great fun

Have a good trip !

Kath

• Like Like x 1
  16. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Got a huwei 5335 and it is very good abroad and this country, just buy the local sim ofr the country you are in.. Well worth the £50 it cost then..