How long does it take you to set up ? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our new moho is great for people watching
It has blacked out windows and no one can see in
:ROFLMAO:We sit there for hours laughing at tuggers antics:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:I know it,s sad, but at our age, It,s the only bit of pleasure we do have:ROFLMAO:

That only works if you haven't got a light at the other side of your van shining behind you, if you have then it can let everyone see what you're up to ... so i would recommend taking care if you're doing your 'naturist' impression at night! :Blush::ROFLMAO:

SoapyTutti

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
I love to 'potter' and 'faff' about albeit Regimental of course and end up nattering is that not what all the fun of 'motor- homing' is all about beats the rat race that's for sure and of course like one other 'funsters' stated we are also there for your amusement :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You are an 'orrible lot taking the p*** out of tuggers, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I sell caravans as well, not everybody can afford £30,000 plus when they start off.

A tugger is a potential future Funster, show the comrade Funster spirit and give them a hand:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
You are an 'orrible lot taking the p*** out of tuggers, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I sell caravans as well, not everybody can afford £30,000 plus when they start off.

A tugger is a potential future Funster, show the comrade Funster spirit and give them a hand:thumb:

Peter

We did offer our assistance, being former tuggers ourselves. When it was the struggle with the awning Caroline was going to offer the tip of colour coding the poles and a number for a divorce lawyer..lol:ROFLMAO:.
In the time it took them to do the awning ( well try, I'll explain in a mo) we showered,breakfasted and got ready to depart. Went to the service point emptied and refilled. Drove past on way off site. Awning was being thrown in the back of the car. Didn't offer any further advice at this point. The way they were looking daggers at each other said it all. Best move we ever made was to change to A MH . Not new but as much as we could afford at the time. Already thinking of what we want in our next one.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Setting Up

By the comments made, should the thread read?

"How long does it take to get the alcohol to flow on arrival?"

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
We take an age..

Move all kids travel seats to cab of van, level off, set up room awning, move bikes and prams into awning, get table and bits from above cab bed and put round dinette area, top up water hook up, missus sorts the rest of inside
Stay outside drinking until she realises I am not fixing things!:thumb:

35 mins usually, but a 10 month old and a 4 year old do tend to need more stuff to keep them entertained on trips :RollEyes:

When we are without kids

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
What's the rush to get set up? Have you all got strict timetables and have a full list of events to get on with as soon as you pull up.
The biggest difference between caravanning and motor homing is that caravans usually are going to remain on site longer than a motorhome. So if I'm going to be stopping in one place for a time then you bet I'm gong to take a bit of time setting up and getting comfortable.

quickest set up I saw was a young french couple who strolled onto a pitch, threw something into the air and by the time it landed it was a pitched tent. Four pegs and two sleeping bags....done!

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We still have a tent and love it.. or we can use the van if the weathers a bit inclement ..

Excellent. We/ I started off with tenting then caravan and now MH . Being an ex Scout leader it really annoys me seeing tents and awnings being put up really badly though. :thumb:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
This mob turned up on a site near us last year took some setting up and was very entertaining. Wonder how the warden charged:Eeek: per head presumably!

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 39

bfb

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Quick setup?

Hi All.

I have the best and quickest setup.
Park on flat(ish) surface.
Wife opens the wine, I put the handbrake on.
I win, always!
Job done, feet up, rest can wait.
Why wind yourself up when you need to wind down.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No honest you didnt wake us ,and i didnt know it was 100% you making all that kin racket .Its funny how sound travels.It was only another fella you woke up that confirmed it.Funny how you was posting on here as i was reading .It did cross my mind and probably would have sussed it if i read your other posts.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Funny as you like.

It is an amazing coincidence.

I dont think it could have been me making all the din.

There was a guy in a Hymer next to me though and he was up early too::bigsmile:

He asked me if I was taking part in the half marathon. I might have lost some weight but bloody hell:ROFLMAO:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Set-up time now reduced!

Just bought and installed two TV brackets (the basic Vision Plus one that allows you tilt and rotate). So now my TV's and assorted paraphernalia won't be packed away for transit.

Salesman couldn't believe I was going to leave them in situ :RollEyes:

At some point I will seriously consider some hydraulic levels - but I'd build these myself as I can't justify £3-4k

Last edited:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
It is an amazing coincidence.

I dont think it could have been me making all the din.

There was a guy in a Hymer next to me though and he was up early too::bigsmile:

He asked me if I was taking part in the half marathon. I might have lost some weight but bloody hell:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: I thought about it but after walking in to Hastings on the Saturday i was a little tired :ROFLMAO: Anyway i thought they were called Snickers now?::bigsmile:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
About half hour...............oh sorry i thought you said sit up:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries