Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Need to replace my hose ,the inside has gone black & manky looking .im going for a food grade flat one this time .The one I've found on line is a 15m Brunner on a reel, have any of you good people got the same as I'm a bit worried about the size, limited for space. If so could you please give me the size of the reel. Thanks

OP
OP
Melvin

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Thanks very much for the quick reply,the ad on e bay didn't give any sizes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
For any given length, the triple chamber flat hose will be more bulky than a normal flat hose.

A flat hose but 5 Mts longer will have aprox. the same physical cassette dimensions.. downside is it needs to be completely unrolled to use..

My experience of flat hoses is less than good, if you are not diligent about washing it before winding up any small bits of grit will damage it making pin size holes causing it to leak..

Having tried other food grade " camping hoses" and been disappointed, I now carry 25mts of industrial food grade clear braided PVC hose , cut into two lengths of 10 and 15 mts.

I appreciate space is critical so flat hose is better choice, whatever you buy make sure you wash it as you wind in.. other option is watering can.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I have had this flat hose for a few years it does work well but have only used it a handful of times. The watering can is easy when staying on site. I also have a short standard blue hose for filling up at home as I am near a tap. This was a bit grubby so cleaned it with some Milton and a few small metal nuts and shook a few feet at a time (held in a u- tube shape) and then flushed it through.:)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I have an almost identical 3 chambered hose, it works ok and winds up nicely but it is slow. Filling up in Germany a couple of years ago, the timed water delivery from the bourne cut out before I was half full and you can end up with an impatient queue glowering at you if there is only one service point on a busy site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Melvin

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I have a Bailey MH that has the awful Whale connector with a flat hose so it's slow to fill anyway. I'm replacing the extn hose which was a cheap Lidl one that I've had for 7 years. I wouldn't have bothered about food grade but for the fact my wife is on immune suppressant drugs and has to be careful about infections.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Now before you all get too excited with the thought of hose:
1a0c89666e5f3df557d30d277c8372d6.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.