Hook of Holland - recommendations of where to stay first night in Holland please (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We are catching the ferry to Holland from Harwich on Sunday morning. Can anyone advise of a 'not too distant' place to spend our first evening, preferably within half an hour or so of the Port?

Happy to use a camp site or Aire, so long as its not too far to travel as I'm unsure of how long it will take to unload from the ferry as we dont intend arriving at Harwich too early as we live local.

We have the ACSI card and All the Aires Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands - so if anyone has a recommendation in those publications we can check them beforehand.

TIA

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Can't recommend anywhere, but Search for Sites shows quite a few places nearby.
Screenshot_20230915_095544_searchforsites.jpg

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Park Amerika Gouda about 30/ 40 mins away from the port ( depending on traffic) and E8 a night

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Gouda is good but I had a problem getting my credit card back!
We quite like the marina at Gorinchem as you can look at the boats or cross a small bank to watch ships on the Rhine. The drone of those barges may keep you awake!
Heading south we scuttled round Rotterdam and had a very quiet night next to the canal at Breda

Enjoy - Gordon

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we are considering Abennes and Schiedam at the moment, but all suggestions are more than welcome.

we havent decided where to go for mon/tuesday onwards yet, so will be reading previous bogs, entries and adventures previously posted.
if there is anywhere we MUST avoid, then please let us know. its our first time touring Holland and really want to stay in Holland though of course a quick detour over the border into a neighbouring country might be 'interesting' LOL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back