Free Member
Oct 21, 2011
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
First year accomplished
We have really enjoyed our first year of campervanning, so are now trying to plan for the coming season. We would like to visit the Floriade in Holland and then drive through to Berlin. Any recommendations would be gratefully received. We were thinking of using Stellplatz wherever possible, otherwise it will be Camping Card or Cheques sites...you have guessed it, we need to keep the costs down!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Berlin trip

Berlin is a lovely city. We travelled there on a motorbike about 12 years ago.
Try some of the boat trips on the extensive river and lake network in Berlin. They are not too expensive and well worth it.
Also take in the Harz mountains on the way - Braunlage is the major town in the area. Very pretty area, great steam train ride to the summit of Brocken. Not much there when you arrive though. You tube has video's.
MikeD

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Hoedown,

Welcome to the forum

The Floriade... now that is a very nice event, but only organized once every 10 years, so i was surpised you mentioned it and even know it is organized in 2012 again !!! This time it will be in Venlo.

Link Removed you will be directed to their webside. I am sure you already visited it but this will give other funsters the opportunity to have a look.

We have not been to Venlo lately so i had a look around to see if I could find a cheap place to stay with a camper. Found this, and although it is in Dutch :Blush: i am sure you find a way to translate it to english :thumb:

Looks like no animals are allowed, but a phone number and an EMail address are included so you can ask all the details you want. Costs in 2011 were Euro 10 per night

Have a great time

Paul and Ineke

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back