Hi Need Help

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by doddy555, Jul 7, 2015.

1. doddy555

doddy555

hi my name is tracey 50 years young, i am sick of my life at min, i am thinking o selling up and buying camper van to live in full time,would need to still work 4 days, i have a hobby scroll sawing, i would like your thoughts and advice. its just me an my dog kim , thanks in advance [​IMG] I have looked at some motor homes, would like a fixed bed and garage for my scroll saw, i need to know how life is full timeing, parking, ect thanks in advance

2. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Welcome! Can't really help on the full timing but it can certainly be done although it helps if you have an address, which could be a relation or good friend, for sending official correspondence. Be aware full time insurance can be very expensive.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

HI Tracey .. and welcome to the forum..

.. plenty of fulltimers on here to advise.. we did it for three years..

My first question, why are you sick of your life ?

It may sound attractive to pack up and go off and live in a van.. to escape .. but life goes on, work, bills, etc. and problems you have now may just follow you.

Fulltime is not an easy life .. it is an alternative life with a whole set of different problems to overcome.. so think about why you feel the way you do and how to resolve any issues before jumping ship.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Welcome to the fun. Fulltiming is different things to different people. With decent batteries and sufficient solar you can manage without leccy. Washing using a tub and posser also possible which brings us to your hobby. Well I have in my loft an original 1950's Hobbies treadle fretsaw that would enable you to continue your scrollsaw hobby without power. Open to reasonable offers. You could of course use a mixture of wilding and sites depends where you have to be for work really.

5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Ha! you need help?:rolleyes:

Join the club:party2:

There's a heap om here that deffinately need help!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 3
  6. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Hi & welcome.

7. doddy555

doddy555

hi thanks for your comments, i sick of my life so true, i dont want it like it is now, bricks an mortar big garden,i would love the life i know i would, just need help to sort it, maybe advice really,so come on you full timers put me of if you can lol only kidding, i have a lot to learn, i know, but i thought i would learn by posting on here :)

8. doddy555

doddy555

hi i have decided to down size and get smallrt house, and get a 2 berth motor home, and do weekends,holidays, so looking forward to it, i have read a lot on here and its helped so much, thank you to all x

• Like Like x 2
  9. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Travelling can certainly broaden your horizons.
    We wish you lots of luck with your ambitions.
    There are several full timers on here who are a mine of information. You have come to the right place.
    We would love to travel more but are still firmly in the rat race and have a while yet before we have sufficient financial independence.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi Tracey, it's always nice when you give feedback. The forum is a great place for asking questions and putting things into perspective. When you are buying your van that's when you need to really ask questions saves a lot of stress getting what suits your needs. If it's off eBay check here to make sure it's genuine, so many scams, but also some good deals.

• Like Like x 1
  11. doddy555

doddy555

thanks for reply, i would love to do it full time, but i havent the funds, i have realised i need to have property , and motor home, but who knows i future what happens x

12. doddy555

doddy555

aww i have loved reading all sorts on here. has helped , so much,hey i will be on here all time love the site, and yes when i ready i will be a pain with all questions. its goig to be a while, putting house up for sale next year, fingers crossed it wont take long. in the mean time i will be here learing , x

• Like Like x 1