Hi from a newbie with a problem Motorhome

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by goatboy, Jul 25, 2013.

1. goatboy

goatboy Read Only Funster

Hi everybody!

I've recently bought my Autohomes Wanderer, & have been discovering faults & problems with it right from the start. I've been away three time since buying it, including a trip to Spa, Belgium (for the Bikers Classics.....ACE!!!), & apart from overheating probs, hopefully sorted with a new Rad, & a blowout on my way back up the M1, which was an interesting experience, to put it mildly, I'm enjoying "living the dream, man".
    However, I've now got an electrical problem concerning a blowing fuse in the circuit for the nearside front sidelight & the offside rear lights.
    I don't yet know my way around the forum, or whether this is the right place to make an enquiry, but does anybody out there know where the the wiring to the rear light cluster re-appears after it disappears inside the rear chassis rail? Does it perhaps pass over the front offside wheel arch?
    Any help or advice would be most gratefully received.

Thanks in advance!

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

hi goatboy and welcome.

sorry cant help with the routing but have you removed and inspected the side light units.
    could just be bad corrosion within the bulb holder causing a short circuit.
    there may be a plastic junction box somewhere along the chassis for the converter installed rear lights to connect to the original van wiring, this could have leaked and corroded.

unusual to find front n/s and rear o/s on the same fuse, normally both on the same side, but with some converters its not unheard of.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

my advice is pop onto Ebay and buy a DVD of the service manual for the fiat base vehicle. use the wiring diagrams to trace the wiring and look for a corroded joint or bad earth on the circuit

4. goatboy

goatboy Read Only Funster

Thanks

Thanks to you both for you're advice. My inexperience has already been displayed by my not mentioning that the base vehicle is a Peugeot Boxer, but I think both of you are probably aware of this.
    I've crawled around under the complete underside of the vehicle & cannot see any connectors. There are lots behind the interior panels under the glovebox & I've identified a Yellow with Black trace wire that the fault is on, but I don't know where it goes before it becomes just Yellow.
    I don't relish the thought of pulling the whole dash apart, especially as I've a couple of trips already planned while we're getting this unusually nice weather.
    With regard to a DVD manual, I suppose I might have to, although I always prefer to have a proper, paper manual for vehicles.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Goatboy, I hope you get your problems sorted soon. Meanwhile welcome to the fun :thumb:

6. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Welcome!

Don't worry! There's no such thing as a problem free motorhome!
    They only exist in the imagination of salesmen!!!!!!!!:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 3
  7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

unfortunately you will find that the existence of a paper manual for the peugeot boxer is not easily available. also note that the peugeot boxer/citroen relay/fiat ducato are the same van built at the same plant:thumb: