Hi All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shaggy, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Read Only Funster

This is how bad I am....I can't remember if I've already said hello? But, in order to post a new thread in the 'beginners' section I wanted to make sure I followed protocol and said a big hello from Poole....HELLO!
    Totally new to MH'ing, but some good bad & ugly experiences as a tugger some years ago! Since getting our staffy pup Billy, we've decided to make sure he holidays with us as much as possible. We (Clare SWMBO) enjoy driving and holidaying in Europe, in particular France, so a MH with bikes etc is a perfect solution....we think!? Anyway, we've taken the plunge and gone new, we've bought a Knaus Sun Ti 700, which is due for handover next week....very excited!!
    Most of my initial questions have been answered simply by searching this forum, but I have one, that I can't get an answer to, or rather that I can't phrase properly in the search box!?

"Do you keep all or most of your gear (tools, electric & water kit, BBQ, chairs, windbreaks etc etc) in your MH all of the time, or do you remove anything not bolted down each time you return to a home base or storage? If you do remove things, is it for security reasons or to prevent against cold, heat, damp etc. We will be fully alarmed and parked on home driveway when not touring and the MH insurance covers the price of anything kept on board, but I'd be keen to know any best practices you guys might use?"

Thanks in advance

Andy

2. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Hi and Welcome. We keep our van in the drive, I say in rather than on as it occupies the whole of the front and is blocked in by a hedge and other motors so apart from locks and alarms is as secure as it can be out front. We keep everything on board apart from fresh food and some day to day wear. Everything whether coffee machine, cutlery, chairs, windbreak, BBQ, waterproofs, boots, doggie things is doubled up so we have the same on the van as we have at home, almost. We have a checklist and load the day before we plan to leave ticking things off as we go. Oh, and good luck with the new motorhome - nice. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Hi and welcome from down the hill in Devon .
    As I use mine whenever Evan days out on the moors most of the camping bits stay put in the van .and get forgotten till needed .
    I can't say I've seen you avitar in this section before ,but I have a awful memory for name,unless they owe me money :D smiley-41.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Shaggy Andy, welcome to the fun (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. dabhand

dabhand Funster Life Member

Welcome to the forum enjoy your travels, regarding kit, pack everything, do a few extended trips, unpack and leave the majority of stuff in your shed! Did this after returning from Morocco this year and left out about 40% of the stuff I'd been lugging around!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

We leave all our things in the van but have a clear/sort out every now and then.

Welcome to Fun
    :welc:

• Like Like x 1
  7. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Hello :welc:

We also keep most stuff in the MH, just swap stuff for summer/winter/holidays etc. If we had to unload/load every time I'd give up!

• Like Like x 1
  8. f6c

f6c Funster

Welcome aboard;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Momo

Momo Funster

Hi Andy and welcome to the Fun!:welc::party: