Apr 11, 2016
Boston, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello everyone,
I have a 2015 Exsis-T and want to use one of those water filler adaptors. Looks like the HEOS from my research. Any advice would be welcome. Cheers.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hello everyone,
I have a 2015 Exsis-T and want to use one of those water filler adaptors. Looks like the HEOS from my research. Any advice would be welcome. Cheers.
They are a great piece of kit ... I have used one for years.(y)

If your fresh water tank does not have a breather you should get the HEOS with breather built in. Having said that it can be used on tanks with a breather as well .. so only one choice in my opinion.:whistle:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
HEOS_Universal_Cap 6.jpg
I've looked at them before but I don't know whether it would fit and the flap close but looks a great bit of kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I was all set to order one, when someone on here said it would not fit their chausson, so I didn't bother.

Mickey.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why does the flap need to close ????
Some MHs have a locking cover rather than a locking cap so I assume that's what he's got ...
View attachment 149648 I've looked at them before but I don't know whether it would fit and the flap close but looks a great bit of kit.
You do know you're not supposed to leave it on all the time don't you? You're supposed to remove it after filling and put your original cap back on

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Some MHs have a locking cover rather than a locking cap so I assume that's what he's got ...

You do know you're not supposed to leave it on all the time don't you? You're supposed to remove it after filling and put your original cap back on
No I didn't
download (4).jpg

Thank you @Minxy Girl.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My lockable water flap. Both my EHU connection and fresh water have lockable flaps on. Probably not the right word then.
Not sure what model of Exsis you have but I assume you've got some flaps like those shown behind the rear wheel on this:
upload_2017-2-25_18-43-33.png

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I used the Water Block (as previously mentioned) on my previous Hymer. I don't think the Hymer water tank has a ventilation facility so the Water Block is ideal as it's self ventilating.

I use a flat hose (on a cassette) so just use a short length of standard round hose with the Water Block and then connect to the flat hose. It's brilliant, but that's just my opinion. Very simple and effective.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the latest HEOS filler comes with a selection of inner clips to suit various filler types

OP
OP
P

Parker and Penelope

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
Boston, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Funsters. Lots of useful advice which is just what I need - and will help many others in turn. One thing seems to be clear, none of these fittings has a cut off when the tank is full. My Exsis manual suggests looking at the inside display so it's still a two people job. I spoke to a guy at a mh service point last year and thought he said that his fitting included a shut-off allowing him to spend his time more usefully. Perhaps I misunderstood?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks Funsters. Lots of useful advice which is just what I need - and will help many others in turn. One thing seems to be clear, none of these fittings has a cut off when the tank is full. My Exsis manual suggests looking at the inside display so it's still a two people job. I spoke to a guy at a mh service point last year and thought he said that his fitting included a shut-off allowing him to spend his time more usefully. Perhaps I misunderstood?
No they don't have a shut off but depending on how empty your tank is you may have time to go and empty the toilet cassette for example, or empty the grey waste, once the tank is full the excess water will either come out of your overflow if you have one or if not out through the filler point assuming you've remembered to set up the filler (ie alter the gubbings) to allow it to be an 'overflow' one.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
From memory, I think the Hymer fresh water tank has an overflow pipe. I seem to remember on my B544 that I just used to fill until water started trickling from the overflow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back