help with some small computer problems please

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ourcampersbeentrashed, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Hi

Please could you tell me what these are and if necessary how to safely get rid of them, because my security centre isnt.

(a) imapi.exe

(b) acrord32.exe

(c) acrord32info.exe

My security scans say there are no issues now but I did have an instance of ultrasurf yesterday.

When I log into Motorhome Fun and into Facebook the page literally shakes from left to right.

I am very computer literate so any help you can give would be much appreciated as I dont even know what are safe or not safe removal tools from the many listed on google.

Many thanks in advance for all your technological help

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Google tells all - just enter imapi.exe into and the first hit says it's part of windows.
    acrord looks harmless and needed.

acrord32into seems to test to see if your acrord32 is genuine. You could try it.

No worries really.

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Sounds like excitement. Browsers like it here too:BigGrin:

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

from the web...

IMAPI.exe or IMAPI : Image Mastering API Service for CD-Burning. This service, introduced in Windows XP and 2003, manages recording data & music to CD

acrord32.exe
    This is a free program from Adobe, called Adobe Acrobat, and it is used to read PDF documents and edit or create various new documents, with full word processing features.

acrord32info.exe is a Adobe Reader\r from Adobe Systems Incorporated\r belonging to Adobe Reader\r ."This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.\r"

5. scept1c

scept1c Read Only Funster

Hi ourcampersbeentrashed,

I think they are all genuine and nothing to worry about.

Check this link for info about imapi.exe http://www.file.net/process/imapi.exe.html

acrord.exe is an Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Reader program.

I use a very good free program for info about what is running on my system. It also alerts users if a new program has been installed and asks for permission to run.

It is called Winpatrol and it may be downloaded from here http://www.winpatrol.com/