Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Hi gang I have just bought a smart car with a car a tow a frame fitted, did the deal with a private seller, then he just happened to mention the brake system is not connected as he never felt it was needed:Eeek:, Now while I dont have a problem with this from a purchase point of veiw, it cant be that hard to sort, can it?

The lad says he has no instructions for the system.

My question is 2 fold where do you drill the bulk head to thread the cable in to the car, and how does it connect to the brake pedal, I am told all the parts are with the car and have seen a bag of bits, the cable is fitted to the front of the car already.

does anyone have a smart with this system? or instruction? photos would be good.

I am hopefully collecting the car on thursday afternoon, so will be able to have a closer look then.

any help gratefully recived.

Nick

Last edited:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The brake cable is connected to the brake pedal - you need to drill a hole for it to connect. There should also be a bungy that goes on the brake pedal to pull it back. will upload photo shortly. If your on skype, you can call me - details on my profile page

OP
OP
welsh winger

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Thanks Dave, much appecated, will look at photos and see if I have any more questions:thumb:

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back