Help needed emptying grey water on swift conqueror 550 lux

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Beanie, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Beanie

Beanie Read Only Funster

Hello Ladies and Gentelmen,
    sorry to be a bother but I recently purchased a swift conqueror 550 lux 2nd hand. Being new to caravans I didnt think of asking how to empty the tank (stupid I know). this morning I tried doing an internet search which produced no results, any one on here have a dummies guide how to do it?

kind regards

Craig

2. Mikemoss

Mikemoss Read Only Funster

Hi Craig

No personal experience, but I see you can download a handbook from the Swift website for several years' different models (http://www.swiftleisure.com/caravans/handbooks).

If it's anything like emptying the grey water tank on a motorhome there will either be a tap either at one side or rear of the vehicle, or a handle that you pull to open a valve.

Good luck with it

3. Beanie

Beanie Read Only Funster

Many thanks but I read through those this morning wasnt much help but thank you for trying

regards

4. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

try looking underneath your van on both sides or the rear failing that try looking in a locker, we have an american unit and the last one was in an outside locker, this one is underneath not far from the rear of the van on our unit it has a big grey screwcap fitted that you unscrew then fit the hose on and pull a little 'T' handle (if you find same dont pull the handle too hard or it will come off)

5. alan

alan Funster

Hi Craig
    I had a very similar modeL of caravan I believe that is the twin wheel model and there is'nt a waste water tank it just runs out into a bucket or wastemaster. the outlet pipes are on the off side just behind the wheels
    Alan:thumb:

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

As you are new to the scene I am just wondering ...................................

Please do not think I am taking the wee wee , but it is the grey water you want to know about and not the black ?

Grey is easy, as there is no tank.. You will need a waste water container of some sort and a wee bit of hose as intimated by Alan :Smile:

Black has its own mystic and needs slightly more hygienic ( !!! LOL !! :Rofl1: ) disposal methods.
    That has its own tank behind a door (usually with lock that is opened with a key with the word "Thetford" on it

7. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

shucks never clicked it was a caravan when i replied earlier, look for small outlet either near the wheels or at the rear if it has rear bathroom that you attach a pipe to and run into a wastemaster

8. fender_man44

fender_man44 Read Only Funster

waste water

didnt know caravans had on board waste tank